Skip to main content

Open Letter To Mama Luz - Pink Elephants


Mabuhay, Mama Luz! I know I speak with you in slang, colloquial at times, with analogies, and using idioms… and I do that on purpose. While we use English, rather American to speak… language isn’t the only thing we use to communicate. Body language, hand gestures, and so much is used to truly communicate with someone!

Here’s one more idiom – There’s a pink elephant in the room. It’s an English metaphorical idiom for an obvious truth that is either being ignored or going unaddressed. Our pink elephant is your departure tomorrow to the Philippines. I detected it last night during family night and we were scrap booking.

I refuse to be saddened by this inevitable event any sooner until it’s time to. I will be grateful and happy to spending all the available moments left with you. I’m sure Charrina and Dad would say the same.

I’m not necessarily ignoring the issue, but rather choose to process it when it’s appropriate. So please don’t apologize for being upset or saddened by your departure either (you said emotional) Don’t apologize for actions or words that you intended. This is part of the human condition; own it. However, smile and enjoy until that same time.

Hopefully, we (Charrina, Dad, and myself) have shown you that despite all the ugliness in the world, and the depiction of America, that Washington State is a beautiful place. Our tiny little corner of Spaceship Earth has almost too much beauty to cover in a lifetime, let alone a few months.

I pray that you, now, know all the amazing, wonderful people and places in America. They are worth the fight, they are worth the effort to protect, they are why we even bother continue digging, as I like to say.

So.

When you’re sitting around the dinner table this weekend, recounting your adventure in America to your daughters, family, and friends, please remember this: pictures may fade, videos may fail, memories may not be completely accurate, but nothing will take away what you experienced. That you felt welcomed, loved, and care for by family of every minute, of every hour, of every day, of every week you visited.

Hm. Since I’ve written that and addressed it, that pink elephant ran off. Thankfully!

I’m so happy and grateful that I was able to get to know you more. I refuse to say goodbye, so I’ll say see you soon!

All my love, wishing you the best,
‘los

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manic Monday, Terrible Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Finally Friday

What a roller coaster week I have had! To start off the week was a manic Monday. After work on Monday , I did a WinCo run with WCP. Always entertaining. Tuesday was terrible. Started off by being tardy for work, so I treated myself to Tully's before posting up. And... in my experience, when you start off a day like that, any attempt to speed up or make up that half-step, half-tick, never happens. For inexplicable reason, you are now out-of-step with the Universe, and like fucking hell you're gonna make it back up. Never. Fails. I was late to meetings, I was late to a gym class I'm regularly early for, and the list goes on. In fact, I decided on that day instead of seeking out my dream girl of a svelte body, superior intelligence, endless energy, and with a litany of characteristics to make any fairy godmother proud I made the wide-sweeping declaration that I wanted this instead. A 2-ton, yoga pants wearing, 45 year old, bitter, divorcee that is one more named cat f

Thank You!

Thank you for reading my posts on this blog. However, I've managed to purchase my own domain to make my own posts and hopefully... y'all will follow it over there for your Weekly Dose of Los! www.carlosbayne.com 'los; out

Let's Dance

The other week, I was driving to my 2 nd job at Malarky’s Sports Grill. Wednesday to be exact. I noticed a man standing at a bus sign waiting for a bus. I recognized the man right away. It was Kenny, The Dancing Wild Man of Factoria. It’d been a minute since I’ve seen him on the streets of Issaquah, I was growing concerned that something awful happened to him. I was thankful to find him once again, and within the same area I “met” him the first time… hilarious story. I remember distinctively. It was my first summer I spent in Issaquah. The sun was out, so relatively warm. I was bombing around in the Sapphire Sled [an arctic blue, 2004 Acura RSX Type S] with the windows down, the tunes up. I was stopped at the traffic light on the corner of Front Street and NW Gilman Blvd; the busiest intersection. From out-the-cuts, I heard someone screaming! I pull off my shades immediately. I whip my head around trying to seek out the source of the noise. I turn down the radio as I desper