Skip to main content

Airplane Mode Me



First. I wanted to apologize for being in airplane mode since Friday! There’s a reason why; Mama Luz was bouncing on Tuesday for the Philippines. I wanted to be available to my family at all times, for any reason, regardless of how all-consuming that can be. UGH – that was yesterday. Talk about an emotionally charged day! I didn't want to work, yet I didn't want to go home either. Plus that f-ing pink elephant kept running up in my grill!

Whatever.

The plan for last night: Mama Luz, Dad, and yours truly was to cheer on, and watch WCP play a double-header of flag football games. Give some insight to Mama Luz and… to kill time. Ultimately, rid ourselves of that pink elephant.

While at the game, I discovered a phone was left on the running track surrounding the field (Juanita High School) I was able to unlock it, and call the last missed call. The owner was already on her way to the field. Her? Yes, her. I found her in the parking lot, frantically looking for her phone. I introduced myself as usual. [Sidebar: My bros would only give this lady a “7” – maybe a “8”. I’m not sure if they have high standards, or just high standards for me. Hm?]

After introductions, she when on about gushing her appreciation of the return of the phone. I smiled, and said you’re welcome. Pay it forward, Casey. I mentally lamented that I wish a Good Samaritan, such as myself, would’ve done the same for me during SNOW DAY 2013. Sigh. She punctuated her departure with a resounding, you’re such a nice guy, Carlos!

Of course. Carlos Bayne – the last Boy Scout. Hooray for me >.< Actually, the last E-A-G-L-E SCOUT; highest rank of Boy Scouting.

I digress. Sleep dep will do that to a guy. Even this playa with the seemingly endless amount of energy. Thought about asking about her situation, thought about asking for her phone number (since I literally had it in my hands for 10 minutes), thought about hella of questions, but walked off to the Gator Football Team. So I could answer all their inquiries about the interaction they witnessed. Again, they said you’re such a nice guy, ‘los.

You know what’s popular to say about nice guys?! Yeah, it’s “nice guys finish last”. I take little solace in my reply, “Nice guys may finish last, but AT LEAST WE FINISH!”

Keep diggin’, right? My arms are tired, y’all. I guess I need to listen to this song I’m binging on so I can resume my diggin’. This has been your C Note. ‘los; out.

"The Only Way I Know"
(with Luke Bryan & Eric Church)

Well, I grew up in one of them old farm towns
Where they hit it hard 'til the sun goes down
Nobody really seemed to care
That we were living in the middle of nowhere
We just figured that’s how it was
And everybody else was just like us
Soaking in the rain baking in the sun
Don’t quit 'til the job gets done

That’s the only way I know
Don’t stop 'til everything’s gone
Straight ahead, never turn round
Don’t back up, don’t back down
Full throttle, wide open
You get tired and you don’t show it
Dig a little deeper when you think you can’t dig no more
That’s the only way I know

That old red dirt ‒ the first thing you learn
Is you don’t get nothing that you don’t earn
Humble pride that I grew up on
You find out just how bad you want it
Sun in our eyes backs to the fences
We didn’t know the odds were against us
Hit the wall smoking and spinning
Still wasn’t thinking ‘bout nothing but winning

That’s the only way I know
Don’t stop 'til everything’s gone
Straight ahead, never turn round
Don’t back up, don’t back down
Full throttle, wide open
You get tired and you don’t show it
Dig a little deeper when you think you can’t dig no more
That’s the only way I know

Maybe there’s another path that
Will get you there a little bit faster,
But I’m sticking with the one inside of me.

That’s the only way I know
Don’t stop 'til everything’s gone
Straight ahead, never turn round
Don’t back up, don’t back down
Full throttle, wide open
You get tired and you don’t show it
Dig a little deeper when you think you can’t dig no more
That’s the only way I...

That’s the only way I know
Don’t stop 'til everything’s gone
Straight ahead, never turn round
Don’t back up, don’t back down
Full throttle, wide open
You get tired, you don’t show it
Dig a little deeper when you think you can’t dig no more
That’s the only way I know

That's the only way I know

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manic Monday, Terrible Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Finally Friday

What a roller coaster week I have had! To start off the week was a manic Monday. After work on Monday , I did a WinCo run with WCP. Always entertaining. Tuesday was terrible. Started off by being tardy for work, so I treated myself to Tully's before posting up. And... in my experience, when you start off a day like that, any attempt to speed up or make up that half-step, half-tick, never happens. For inexplicable reason, you are now out-of-step with the Universe, and like fucking hell you're gonna make it back up. Never. Fails. I was late to meetings, I was late to a gym class I'm regularly early for, and the list goes on. In fact, I decided on that day instead of seeking out my dream girl of a svelte body, superior intelligence, endless energy, and with a litany of characteristics to make any fairy godmother proud I made the wide-sweeping declaration that I wanted this instead. A 2-ton, yoga pants wearing, 45 year old, bitter, divorcee that is one more named cat f

Thank You!

Thank you for reading my posts on this blog. However, I've managed to purchase my own domain to make my own posts and hopefully... y'all will follow it over there for your Weekly Dose of Los! www.carlosbayne.com 'los; out

Let's Dance

The other week, I was driving to my 2 nd job at Malarky’s Sports Grill. Wednesday to be exact. I noticed a man standing at a bus sign waiting for a bus. I recognized the man right away. It was Kenny, The Dancing Wild Man of Factoria. It’d been a minute since I’ve seen him on the streets of Issaquah, I was growing concerned that something awful happened to him. I was thankful to find him once again, and within the same area I “met” him the first time… hilarious story. I remember distinctively. It was my first summer I spent in Issaquah. The sun was out, so relatively warm. I was bombing around in the Sapphire Sled [an arctic blue, 2004 Acura RSX Type S] with the windows down, the tunes up. I was stopped at the traffic light on the corner of Front Street and NW Gilman Blvd; the busiest intersection. From out-the-cuts, I heard someone screaming! I pull off my shades immediately. I whip my head around trying to seek out the source of the noise. I turn down the radio as I desper