Skip to main content

Manic Monday, Terrible Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Finally Friday

What a roller coaster week I have had! To start off the week was a manic Monday. After work on Monday, I did a WinCo run with WCP. Always entertaining.

Tuesday was terrible. Started off by being tardy for work, so I treated myself to Tully's before posting up. And... in my experience, when you start off a day like that, any attempt to speed up or make up that half-step, half-tick, never happens. For inexplicable reason, you are now out-of-step with the Universe, and like fucking hell you're gonna make it back up.

Never. Fails.

I was late to meetings, I was late to a gym class I'm regularly early for, and the list goes on. In fact, I decided on that day instead of seeking out my dream girl of a svelte body, superior intelligence, endless energy, and with a litany of characteristics to make any fairy godmother proud I made the wide-sweeping declaration that I wanted this instead.

A 2-ton, yoga pants wearing, 45 year old, bitter, divorcee that is one more named cat from crazy-cat-lady status, with an Eastern Bloc Country heritage, that could easily quote Rocky IV, "I will break you."

See what I did there?

Take that Universe! Reverse psychology, y'all. Then I thought about it for a minute, for as craptastic as my day was progressing, the Universe / God / The Gods / No Gods / Fate / my mother would think it would be hilarious to pair me up with that blurted out request.

So I rescinded it.

I met up a friend to give her a gift she had earned at my birthday. While waiting for her arrival, I spoke to two guys at the bar, and learned something. I was being taught to slow down, be patient.

Wednesday rolls around, so I was hell-bent on not repeating yesterday's fun. I declared it to be wonderful Wednesday even though I was beginning my day with the dentist. I managed to call CenturyLink to cancel my account, sure enough today was the 30-day in which I could cancel. Matt the CRS and I worked it all out on the phone, and I walked away from the convo with the confidence it's actually ok.

Dentist was a regular, run-of-the-mill, garden-variety, teeth cleaning. No cavities! My Clark Kent Job was exactly that. And anyone threatening my wonderful Wednesday was put in time-out. I'll be damned before I let someone, a group, a text, an email, etc crunk up my day.

Capped off the night with friends, brewage, and karaoke at Malarky's.

Throwback Thursday was here before I knew it! Mari, my mentor / friend / boss, and I agreed to meet up to re-shoot my promotional video for The Murder of Crowe: A Steampunk Whodunit. Take one was good but unfortunately we learned that some clipping occurred during editing so once we had a first draft, most of my words were cut off mid-sentence.

In fact, I felt so damn confident and good about it, I'm thinking that a re-shoot was gonna be needed regardless of this technicality.

And finally? It's Friday. Glorious, glorious Friday. The arrival of which was announced with on my FB wall of "FRIDAY, BITCHES!"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You!

Thank you for reading my posts on this blog. However, I've managed to purchase my own domain to make my own posts and hopefully... y'all will follow it over there for your Weekly Dose of Los! www.carlosbayne.com 'los; out

Let's Dance

The other week, I was driving to my 2 nd job at Malarky’s Sports Grill. Wednesday to be exact. I noticed a man standing at a bus sign waiting for a bus. I recognized the man right away. It was Kenny, The Dancing Wild Man of Factoria. It’d been a minute since I’ve seen him on the streets of Issaquah, I was growing concerned that something awful happened to him. I was thankful to find him once again, and within the same area I “met” him the first time… hilarious story. I remember distinctively. It was my first summer I spent in Issaquah. The sun was out, so relatively warm. I was bombing around in the Sapphire Sled [an arctic blue, 2004 Acura RSX Type S] with the windows down, the tunes up. I was stopped at the traffic light on the corner of Front Street and NW Gilman Blvd; the busiest intersection. From out-the-cuts, I heard someone screaming! I pull off my shades immediately. I whip my head around trying to seek out the source of the noise. I turn down the radio as I desper