Skip to main content

Bastion of Bayne Journal

Entry 5, Day 54.

Monster day of productivity yesterday!! In fact, two victories to close out Phase I - Functional NOW, Pretty LATER.

The initial pantry area was plumbed and wired as the laundry room (see previous Entry 3 for details) Here is a picture summary of the preparation of the area to be converted into back into a pantry...






After my self-assessment, and brief discussion with the general contractor that got this place up to financing standards for Washington State, I felt confident in moving forward with my plan to relocate the washer and dryer aka laundry center into the garage.

For several reasons 1) reclaim a pantry for dry goods 2) in the unlikely event of equipment failure the water and/or other fluids or whatnot will be contained to the garage, and/or running down the driveway instead of the hardwood floor that's taken a beating anyways. 3) the noise can be mitigated better out in the garage than inside a closet.

I talked to the MM Comfort Systems sales person while he was here assessing my heat pump situation. Bob mentioned to me, that his good friend Adam Wolff of Wolff Water Heaters LLC could and would do the job of plumbing to the garage.

Sure enough... here are some progress photos.




Then Adam and his assistant (his son) Ben were able to finish up in one day!
Successful removal of the supply lines
It'll be a quirk of my food pantry


Outside in the garage - the final product!

Once they finished up, I got to work in setting up the washer on Friday, 8/26. Here's my video.




I was preparing the final stage that would take place on Monday, 8/29. MM Comfort Systems was here to install my heat pump to provide 1) cooling in the summer 2) extra heat in the winter 3) and a gas line in the garage for the natural gas dryer. 

The boys of MM Comfort Systems, Brian and Josh, showed up with the time frame they were scheduled. I was ready for them by preparing the garage, the furnace, and heat pump site. Here are the "before" photos...


Here is the heat pump ...

Those boys worked like bosses!! By 2:30 pm they were packing up, and B.o.B. was already cooling off when it normally is cooking WCP and I. 

Touch-screen Thermostat
This is so swanky! We're / I'm not used to fancy, but I guess you get what you pay for it in this life ... and I certainly financed a pretty penny for it.

Heat Pump Final Location
Here's inside my garage ...



And my modified furnace so it doesn't have to work so hard for years to come ...
Furnace
In the meantime, Scott (the MM Comfort Systems, subcontracted gas guy) laid pipe and connected my dryer.



Lastly, I used some of the boys tools to complete the dryer hook up by venting it out the garage like I planned the entire time...


My laundry center is complete by August 2016 which I projected!! I was happy and proud to announce to my sister / tenant / roommate that she no longer needs to post up at the Snohomish Laundry Center for her laundry needs. We can do so in the comfort of B.o.B.

And we can finally have decent sleep within the comfort of air conditioning from the heat pump.

Phase I complete; functional. 

Phase II started; pretty and functional. Areas to be addressed: pantry, garage, and interior paint. 

#BastionofBayne
#notmoveinready
#elbowgrease
#sweatequity
#homeTLC
#keepdigging

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manic Monday, Terrible Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Finally Friday

What a roller coaster week I have had! To start off the week was a manic Monday. After work on Monday , I did a WinCo run with WCP. Always entertaining. Tuesday was terrible. Started off by being tardy for work, so I treated myself to Tully's before posting up. And... in my experience, when you start off a day like that, any attempt to speed up or make up that half-step, half-tick, never happens. For inexplicable reason, you are now out-of-step with the Universe, and like fucking hell you're gonna make it back up. Never. Fails. I was late to meetings, I was late to a gym class I'm regularly early for, and the list goes on. In fact, I decided on that day instead of seeking out my dream girl of a svelte body, superior intelligence, endless energy, and with a litany of characteristics to make any fairy godmother proud I made the wide-sweeping declaration that I wanted this instead. A 2-ton, yoga pants wearing, 45 year old, bitter, divorcee that is one more named cat f

Thank You!

Thank you for reading my posts on this blog. However, I've managed to purchase my own domain to make my own posts and hopefully... y'all will follow it over there for your Weekly Dose of Los! www.carlosbayne.com 'los; out

Let's Dance

The other week, I was driving to my 2 nd job at Malarky’s Sports Grill. Wednesday to be exact. I noticed a man standing at a bus sign waiting for a bus. I recognized the man right away. It was Kenny, The Dancing Wild Man of Factoria. It’d been a minute since I’ve seen him on the streets of Issaquah, I was growing concerned that something awful happened to him. I was thankful to find him once again, and within the same area I “met” him the first time… hilarious story. I remember distinctively. It was my first summer I spent in Issaquah. The sun was out, so relatively warm. I was bombing around in the Sapphire Sled [an arctic blue, 2004 Acura RSX Type S] with the windows down, the tunes up. I was stopped at the traffic light on the corner of Front Street and NW Gilman Blvd; the busiest intersection. From out-the-cuts, I heard someone screaming! I pull off my shades immediately. I whip my head around trying to seek out the source of the noise. I turn down the radio as I desper