Skip to main content

Carlos Warehouse Chronicle XXIV - Oil of Olay

One of my responsibilities of a FE (Front End) Supervisors is to answer radio requests from the Membership Desk. It's usually one of three: key flick, approval, or merchandise pick-up aka MPU.

It's been a week now since the Oil of Olay Incident of 2017, happened.

There was a call from the Membership Desk for a MPU. I looked around and realized I was the closest, and most available FE Supervisor, so I answered the radio request with, "Copy that, Carlos en route."

It was yet another busy day at Woodinville Costco, so when I arrived at the Membership Desk it was teeming with activity. I searched around for the MPU in the area I usually find it. I spied a bottle of Oil of Olay.

I furrowed my brow as this is not a typical item that requires to be locked up in the Return To Vendor (RTV) Cage - yes, we use tons of acronyms to save time communicating. So I called out to confirm, while holding up the bottle.

"Is this really the MPU?" I stated loudly but to no one in particular. That was a mistake.
I heard, "Yes, Los. That's it."

I shrugged my shoulders, and sauntered off to the RTV Cage. I placed it in there, and logged it's placement.

About an hour later, the returns auditor, the newly promoted, Tim C, approached me.

Tim: "Los, did you do a MPU?"
Me: "Sure did, it's in the cage and logged."
Tim: "By chance, was it a bottle of Oil of Olay that was Unsaleable?"
Me: "Yup."
Tim: "Is it there now?"
Me: "Yes sir. Why?"
Tim: (practically exploded from frustration) "We've been looking for that for the last 45-minutes. We opened every box and searched every square inch." He walks towards the cage.
Me: (thinking) Oh my. I've only ever seen a smile on that guy's face. And boy, was it twisted about that. MEH. Of course, it didn't belong in the cage, but mistakes happen. 

Then it happened. Revenge. Sweet, sweet revenge.

The radio chatter started as it usually does.
"Carlos? Copy," the radio blared.
"Go for Los," my reply.
"There's a MPU for you here. It's a bottle of Oil of Olay," I can practically hear them busting up laughing in the department.

Great! I usually don't make public mistakes like that so this incident simply makes me delicious cannon fodder.

An hour passes without further incident. My co-supervisor, Jorge, calls. "Carlos? Copy?"
"Go for Los." This outta be good.

"Can you please lock up this Oil of Olay in the RTV Cage?" I can hear his impish grin over the radio transmission.

Oh, for the love of ... "Copy that. I'm en route now."

Now I can't live this down until someone else does something equally silly or worse.

At the end of my work shift, I had to walk by the fully staffed Membership Desk to which they were all cracking up as they were waving in their hands some Olay products.

Finally? Outside in the parking lot from his parked Civic, the maintenance guy, Michael, innocently asked, "Hey Los, what was all that chatter about Oil of Olay?"

I grumbled, "Forget about it - it's an uber expensive bottle of Olay that removes years from your face. It was bottled by Ponce de Leon from water of the Fountain of Youth."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manic Monday, Terrible Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Finally Friday

What a roller coaster week I have had! To start off the week was a manic Monday. After work on Monday , I did a WinCo run with WCP. Always entertaining. Tuesday was terrible. Started off by being tardy for work, so I treated myself to Tully's before posting up. And... in my experience, when you start off a day like that, any attempt to speed up or make up that half-step, half-tick, never happens. For inexplicable reason, you are now out-of-step with the Universe, and like fucking hell you're gonna make it back up. Never. Fails. I was late to meetings, I was late to a gym class I'm regularly early for, and the list goes on. In fact, I decided on that day instead of seeking out my dream girl of a svelte body, superior intelligence, endless energy, and with a litany of characteristics to make any fairy godmother proud I made the wide-sweeping declaration that I wanted this instead. A 2-ton, yoga pants wearing, 45 year old, bitter, divorcee that is one more named cat f

Thank You!

Thank you for reading my posts on this blog. However, I've managed to purchase my own domain to make my own posts and hopefully... y'all will follow it over there for your Weekly Dose of Los! www.carlosbayne.com 'los; out

Let's Dance

The other week, I was driving to my 2 nd job at Malarky’s Sports Grill. Wednesday to be exact. I noticed a man standing at a bus sign waiting for a bus. I recognized the man right away. It was Kenny, The Dancing Wild Man of Factoria. It’d been a minute since I’ve seen him on the streets of Issaquah, I was growing concerned that something awful happened to him. I was thankful to find him once again, and within the same area I “met” him the first time… hilarious story. I remember distinctively. It was my first summer I spent in Issaquah. The sun was out, so relatively warm. I was bombing around in the Sapphire Sled [an arctic blue, 2004 Acura RSX Type S] with the windows down, the tunes up. I was stopped at the traffic light on the corner of Front Street and NW Gilman Blvd; the busiest intersection. From out-the-cuts, I heard someone screaming! I pull off my shades immediately. I whip my head around trying to seek out the source of the noise. I turn down the radio as I desper