Skip to main content

Bastion of Bayne Journal

Entry 8, Day 348.

Almost my anniversary for my move-in date here to #BastionofBayne - I'm excited and disappointed simultaneously. The first time I did my walk-through with my realtor, Julie, that my gut was telling I should buy this property. I still feel that excitement almost a year later.

After I purchased the house, and walked in as the homeowner on 7/7/16, I was inspired! I'm adulting now!

I'm a grip disappointed because even after all the sweat equity I've put in over the past year, there still yet so much more I want to accomplish.

There were a few initial items I wanted to take care of aside from the usual forwarding of my address, etc.

  • Name this address as a check-in on Facebook
  • Select a motif for the entire house
  • Create a mantra


The reason for the check-in on FB is I've done this previously so why break precedence? The reason for the motif for the house is simple: It's the vision statement, like a corporation.

If you have a motif, then all decisions, and plans should support that or at progress it forward. I've always loved the #Steampunk aesthetic so why not continue that with where I live?

In order to keep myself inspired, and keep up momentum, I wanted a mantra that I could write down, read, and re-read until I remember the original reason why I wrote it.

Functional Now, Pretty Later

Honestly, it's a continuation of something I learned from the buying process. Apparently, there are minimums that lenders need in place prior to the financing would be approved.

And these items were from the inspection process.

This property needed 1) new garage doors 2) appliances 3) water leaks fixed 4) mold to be removed.

Armed with a motif, and a mantra, I set out to document this journal so I'll record what I did and when, and of course, alert my friends and family of my progress.

However, since that summer of 2016, I usually only work on my time-off from work. As you can imagine, that has slowed my progress considerably.

I digress.

This documentation process also keeps me accountable for progress which I wanted to ensure would continue no matter what.

Pantry Pandemonium Progress 
I thought I would take still pictures, then write it up as a sub-entry of C Note(s) But I discovered quickly that my audience is more engaged with short videos of my misadventures - I mean I strive to keep the length under 3 minutes. Sometimes it's just not possible.

The entertainer inside of me wants me to follow a well-established format for movies. In summary, the first person you see should be the protagonist (me), then the inciting incident (problem), and finally a plan (solution for problem)

And there should be 3 acts: Act I, the beginning; Act II, the middle; and of course, Act III, the end.

Following that format, by the end of the Act I, while facilitating the plan for the problem I should encounter another problem which is related to the first problem so I'll need another plan for that new problem, which I usually declare those as clusterfucks.

I also realized these videos will be a never-ending series so I needed to incorporate branding or visual elements that my audience can look forward to.

I decided that since I'm making these videos for fun, I could address the viewing audience as "Home improvement bitches". The next visual element is music, I love to listen to music while working. (In fact, I'm listening to music while I write this post)

So I discovered that I can only do a music clip of 9 seconds or less, or FB will remove it for copyright violation. That element has evolved into a lip-synching or myself dancing on camera.

The final element is the sign off message. I usually throw up a peace symbol (at least by American standards) with the words on my lips, "Deuces until next time!"

Speaking of which, I'm moving on to my next C Note, so deuces until next time!

#notmoveinready
#elbowgrease
#sweatequity
#homeTLC
#keepdigging


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manic Monday, Terrible Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Finally Friday

What a roller coaster week I have had! To start off the week was a manic Monday. After work on Monday , I did a WinCo run with WCP. Always entertaining. Tuesday was terrible. Started off by being tardy for work, so I treated myself to Tully's before posting up. And... in my experience, when you start off a day like that, any attempt to speed up or make up that half-step, half-tick, never happens. For inexplicable reason, you are now out-of-step with the Universe, and like fucking hell you're gonna make it back up. Never. Fails. I was late to meetings, I was late to a gym class I'm regularly early for, and the list goes on. In fact, I decided on that day instead of seeking out my dream girl of a svelte body, superior intelligence, endless energy, and with a litany of characteristics to make any fairy godmother proud I made the wide-sweeping declaration that I wanted this instead. A 2-ton, yoga pants wearing, 45 year old, bitter, divorcee that is one more named cat f

Thank You!

Thank you for reading my posts on this blog. However, I've managed to purchase my own domain to make my own posts and hopefully... y'all will follow it over there for your Weekly Dose of Los! www.carlosbayne.com 'los; out

Let's Dance

The other week, I was driving to my 2 nd job at Malarky’s Sports Grill. Wednesday to be exact. I noticed a man standing at a bus sign waiting for a bus. I recognized the man right away. It was Kenny, The Dancing Wild Man of Factoria. It’d been a minute since I’ve seen him on the streets of Issaquah, I was growing concerned that something awful happened to him. I was thankful to find him once again, and within the same area I “met” him the first time… hilarious story. I remember distinctively. It was my first summer I spent in Issaquah. The sun was out, so relatively warm. I was bombing around in the Sapphire Sled [an arctic blue, 2004 Acura RSX Type S] with the windows down, the tunes up. I was stopped at the traffic light on the corner of Front Street and NW Gilman Blvd; the busiest intersection. From out-the-cuts, I heard someone screaming! I pull off my shades immediately. I whip my head around trying to seek out the source of the noise. I turn down the radio as I desper