Skip to main content

40 Days, and 40 Nights

What's Lent, you ask? If you are a follower of the Catholic religion, they believe a man named Jesus Christ fasted in the desert for 40 days, and 40 nights.

So ... that religion implores you to sacrifice something for the same period, leading up to Easter. Or just watch the movie #40Daysand40Nights - your choice.

Well, I'm not Catholic by any means, but I consider myself a religious man nonetheless. I gave it some thought.

"What would I give up for Lent?"

I didn't know where to start so I started a Google search. The usual answers of coffee, chocolate, etc were a majority of the search results.

While I'm a ginormous coffee fan, in which the withdrawal symptoms would be significant. I can only imagine the headaches, the mental fog and nausea.

No. What sacrifice would rip my heart out completely? Give up music for Lent!

As a matter of fact, I'm listening to my extensive iTunes library while I type this entry. I'm fairly certain I would last a day (maybe two)

Here's how I'd do it too.

Since the point of Fat Tuesday (i.e. Mardi Gras) to enjoy one last night of fatty foods, and drink before Ash Wednesday I would take the day off and listen to music starting with a timer of 12:01 am on Tuesday to Wednesday 11:59 pm!

I'd also ensure my iPod (Mark VII), and my iPhone (J.O.A.N.) were fully charged, and packed to the gills with as much as my music library has possible.

What would you be the first song that I wouldn't hear for 40 days? It would be my introduction song, of course!

Your what, you ask?

A co-worker of mine shared with me how he jazzed up usually mundane meetings with asking each employee to choose your entrance/introduction song as if you were a celebrity sports hero like in basketball, or baseball.

"Survival" by Eminem  

Then I would follow it up with a song from every song genre that I enjoy from rock to rap, and everywhere in-between. More importantly, I find that I'm closer to the music by listening to it via headphones.

That way I can enjoy each and every song the way the artist(s) intended me to! So Seattle and Spaceship Earth, I ask: What would you sacrifice for 40 days and 40 nights?

Comment below, and until next time, be good like you should, and if you can't be good ... be good at what you do!

Mic drop *bOoM*
'los; out

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manic Monday, Terrible Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Finally Friday

What a roller coaster week I have had! To start off the week was a manic Monday. After work on Monday , I did a WinCo run with WCP. Always entertaining. Tuesday was terrible. Started off by being tardy for work, so I treated myself to Tully's before posting up. And... in my experience, when you start off a day like that, any attempt to speed up or make up that half-step, half-tick, never happens. For inexplicable reason, you are now out-of-step with the Universe, and like fucking hell you're gonna make it back up. Never. Fails. I was late to meetings, I was late to a gym class I'm regularly early for, and the list goes on. In fact, I decided on that day instead of seeking out my dream girl of a svelte body, superior intelligence, endless energy, and with a litany of characteristics to make any fairy godmother proud I made the wide-sweeping declaration that I wanted this instead. A 2-ton, yoga pants wearing, 45 year old, bitter, divorcee that is one more named cat f

Thank You!

Thank you for reading my posts on this blog. However, I've managed to purchase my own domain to make my own posts and hopefully... y'all will follow it over there for your Weekly Dose of Los! www.carlosbayne.com 'los; out

Let's Dance

The other week, I was driving to my 2 nd job at Malarky’s Sports Grill. Wednesday to be exact. I noticed a man standing at a bus sign waiting for a bus. I recognized the man right away. It was Kenny, The Dancing Wild Man of Factoria. It’d been a minute since I’ve seen him on the streets of Issaquah, I was growing concerned that something awful happened to him. I was thankful to find him once again, and within the same area I “met” him the first time… hilarious story. I remember distinctively. It was my first summer I spent in Issaquah. The sun was out, so relatively warm. I was bombing around in the Sapphire Sled [an arctic blue, 2004 Acura RSX Type S] with the windows down, the tunes up. I was stopped at the traffic light on the corner of Front Street and NW Gilman Blvd; the busiest intersection. From out-the-cuts, I heard someone screaming! I pull off my shades immediately. I whip my head around trying to seek out the source of the noise. I turn down the radio as I desper