Skip to main content

Road To Recovery: Netflix and Chill

All I wanted was an explanation for my pain, and note to turn into the warehouse for light duty documentation purposes. I didn't get any of that...

I rolled up to Orca Wellness for my appointment with Dr T. He was actually sitting at the reception desk, observing how I transitioned up the stairs. I didn't grimace at all, but it must've painful to watch. 

After patient history time i.e. my story of explanation, we moved on to assessment. The doctor attempted to examine the affected area but I brushed his hand away which surprised even me! The pressure was like lightning bolt in my brain. So of course, that concerned us both.

Considering my high threshold of pain tolerance, we decided X-rays are needed. I motored down Nordstrom Medical Tower which I believe it was renamed Swedish Medical Tower - First Hill. The nurse was cute and taken (of course) As she maneuvered around me, her right foot got caught up on the power cord for the X-ray pad I was about to crawl up on. She almost stacked it tough in the room, but she held herself up.

After a laugh, we moved on to business. I must say hospital gowns are so sexy to run around in :( At any rate, a few minutes later I was already down the road BACK to Dr. T with a CD of images.

Meanwhile back at the office of Orca Wellness... We started to review the information the X-rays captured. The overhead X-ray of my pelvis managed to capture the outline of my junk.

Yep, that #awkwardmoment when the both of us trying to stay professional while discussing the injury yet an image of my penis is displaying on 80% of the computer monitor. My God I was laughing in my head.

At any rate, we isolated this issue. The muscle group of the hamstring that attaches itself to the sitting bone is damaged (torn, ripped, separated) Or the exterior portion of the bone casing integrity has been compromised. Either way that's what causing the swelling and pain in that area. Here's a diagram to reference.

This guy's butt is better looking


Then he broke the news of diagnosis. For a very active and athletic guy, this was pretty much as death sentence. Complete rest, and icing while resting. Balls. The road to recovery is Netflix and chill - the original intention of the term, NOT what it metamorphosed into it.

Which means:

  • NO soccer play in the ECS FC Pub League this season. 
  • NO working out at the YMCA or Team Fitness.
  • NO more #elbowgrease at the #BastionofBayne.


At least until I have pain-free days, which I'll have to be completely honest with and not be in a hurry to return to play and work.

The positive take-aways we agreed on:

  • Any writing I needed to do, I can from the comfort of my home, with a laptop. 
  • Binge watching on Netflix won't be frowned upon. 
  • I can re-prioritize and budget future B.o.B. projects.


How long will this take? I tossed out there 2-3 weeks for start of rehab. Dr T? Well, he'll always be cautious so he said longer. This time around I'm actually gonna listen to the doctor because further aggravation will be mean a complete separation, surgery to reattach it, a limp in my walk (permanent) and never be able to return to the lifestyle I've grown accustomed to.

Since I've been forcibly slowed, I'll be reaching out to arrange meet ups! Wish me luck!

I'll keep digging from my couch,
'los

PS - as Dr T ejected the CD to hand it over, he quipped, "Here you go, you can post how well hu..." I'm gonna stop you there, doc. Let's just say, I haven't had complaints in that department. And if I do post it'll be after serious cropping, as I finish with a laugh.


Comments

  1. I hope you feel better soon!

    By the way, it's still called the Nordstrom Medical Tower. I should know, I've been going there 1-2 times per week since March! ;)

    - A

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Manic Monday, Terrible Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Finally Friday

What a roller coaster week I have had! To start off the week was a manic Monday. After work on Monday , I did a WinCo run with WCP. Always entertaining. Tuesday was terrible. Started off by being tardy for work, so I treated myself to Tully's before posting up. And... in my experience, when you start off a day like that, any attempt to speed up or make up that half-step, half-tick, never happens. For inexplicable reason, you are now out-of-step with the Universe, and like fucking hell you're gonna make it back up. Never. Fails. I was late to meetings, I was late to a gym class I'm regularly early for, and the list goes on. In fact, I decided on that day instead of seeking out my dream girl of a svelte body, superior intelligence, endless energy, and with a litany of characteristics to make any fairy godmother proud I made the wide-sweeping declaration that I wanted this instead. A 2-ton, yoga pants wearing, 45 year old, bitter, divorcee that is one more named cat f

Thank You!

Thank you for reading my posts on this blog. However, I've managed to purchase my own domain to make my own posts and hopefully... y'all will follow it over there for your Weekly Dose of Los! www.carlosbayne.com 'los; out

Let's Dance

The other week, I was driving to my 2 nd job at Malarky’s Sports Grill. Wednesday to be exact. I noticed a man standing at a bus sign waiting for a bus. I recognized the man right away. It was Kenny, The Dancing Wild Man of Factoria. It’d been a minute since I’ve seen him on the streets of Issaquah, I was growing concerned that something awful happened to him. I was thankful to find him once again, and within the same area I “met” him the first time… hilarious story. I remember distinctively. It was my first summer I spent in Issaquah. The sun was out, so relatively warm. I was bombing around in the Sapphire Sled [an arctic blue, 2004 Acura RSX Type S] with the windows down, the tunes up. I was stopped at the traffic light on the corner of Front Street and NW Gilman Blvd; the busiest intersection. From out-the-cuts, I heard someone screaming! I pull off my shades immediately. I whip my head around trying to seek out the source of the noise. I turn down the radio as I desper