Skip to main content

Carlos Warehouse Chronicle IX - Red, White and Blue

I've barely started the 6-week supervisor training program for the warehouse so I'm feeling very red, white and blue. That is, red vest, white badge, and blue collar work. Every time I don the Costco red vest an impish smile creeps across my face. I have no idea what the day will hold for me but I know it won't be the same as the last time, and tomorrow will be just as different.

"You look good in red, Los" ~ a compliment I've received more than once

My friends, family, and co-workers ask my progress so far, and if I'm still enjoying it which I answer with a smile, and utter the words so far, so good.

The next asked question is what are my days like. Well, picture this. Willie E. Coyote has strapped you to a ginormous ACME red rocket. Once you clock in for the shift, he lights the fuse. You're launched into a 8.5 hour day of zigs, and zags, twists and turns as it ends with a *bOoM* as you explode in the sky.
My uniform, complete with coffee and radio

Then? The next time? Rinse, wash, repeat.

Honestly, I joke that warehouse life is controlled chaos inside a living organism. At least, my warehouse, that is. Every person has a title and role but only for documentation sake. No task is beneath anyone. I haven't observed an out-right refusal a task assigned by a co-worker (insubordination) It's a comforting feeling as I walk up to the time clock. That the Costco Mission Statement thrives at 747, and the "next man up" mentality is demonstrated by the team. Yes, a majority of us are vying to be promoted but happily do what we do.

Case in point? I've had Assistant Manager assist me cashier during busy times.

The bottom-line I'm trying to message is you get out of anything in this life is what you put in it. If you know anything about me, you know that I'm an all-in, all-day, every day, all-American, dyed in wool, kinda man so I'm guaranteed to get everything outta this!

This has been my C Note!

Keep digging,
'los; outro.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manic Monday, Terrible Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Finally Friday

What a roller coaster week I have had! To start off the week was a manic Monday. After work on Monday , I did a WinCo run with WCP. Always entertaining. Tuesday was terrible. Started off by being tardy for work, so I treated myself to Tully's before posting up. And... in my experience, when you start off a day like that, any attempt to speed up or make up that half-step, half-tick, never happens. For inexplicable reason, you are now out-of-step with the Universe, and like fucking hell you're gonna make it back up. Never. Fails. I was late to meetings, I was late to a gym class I'm regularly early for, and the list goes on. In fact, I decided on that day instead of seeking out my dream girl of a svelte body, superior intelligence, endless energy, and with a litany of characteristics to make any fairy godmother proud I made the wide-sweeping declaration that I wanted this instead. A 2-ton, yoga pants wearing, 45 year old, bitter, divorcee that is one more named cat f

Thank You!

Thank you for reading my posts on this blog. However, I've managed to purchase my own domain to make my own posts and hopefully... y'all will follow it over there for your Weekly Dose of Los! www.carlosbayne.com 'los; out

Let's Dance

The other week, I was driving to my 2 nd job at Malarky’s Sports Grill. Wednesday to be exact. I noticed a man standing at a bus sign waiting for a bus. I recognized the man right away. It was Kenny, The Dancing Wild Man of Factoria. It’d been a minute since I’ve seen him on the streets of Issaquah, I was growing concerned that something awful happened to him. I was thankful to find him once again, and within the same area I “met” him the first time… hilarious story. I remember distinctively. It was my first summer I spent in Issaquah. The sun was out, so relatively warm. I was bombing around in the Sapphire Sled [an arctic blue, 2004 Acura RSX Type S] with the windows down, the tunes up. I was stopped at the traffic light on the corner of Front Street and NW Gilman Blvd; the busiest intersection. From out-the-cuts, I heard someone screaming! I pull off my shades immediately. I whip my head around trying to seek out the source of the noise. I turn down the radio as I desper