Skip to main content

Eternal Blue, Forever Green

I’ve written and posted several times the back story on Sounders season tickets were introduced to WCP and I. However, I have yet to post the impact that it had on me all these years later. Until now, of course J
 
Microwave version: I’ve converted to the ECS – Eternal Blue, Forever Green. There. Now you can continue to scroll through your FB Newsfeed and not know what the hell I’m talking about when I reference this material in future posts. J
 
War and Peace version: I didn’t start off life as a soccer fan, let alone a Seattle area soccer fan. I’ve tried out a few times during my middle-school, high school, days – all ending with “thanks but have a good day”. I even tried my hand in my 30’s to be part of a Redmond co-ed soccer team – we were around for one season, Costco Travel Shooters.
 
So when WCP (Charrina Bayne) looked at her season tickets for the Seattle Sounders 2010 season, then looked at me, then the tickets, and quipped, “I can’t wait for our first match!”, I was a caught off guard. What the what? I’m not supposed to be there! Of course, I know about soccer, how to play it, etc., I already detailed that above. Plus I’m a Seattle Seahawks fan. HM. Maybe I could be both?
 
Then I thought – what the hell did I inadvertently get involved with now?
 
Most peeps know, by now, that I’m either all in, or completely out. So I rolled up my sleeves, and went to work on getting my weight up on this crazy MLS business. I certainly educated myself on a world teaming with pride, loyalty, fun, and mostly support. I couldn’t believe it honestly! Not only MLS teams had their rivals, they also had fan clubs! Which from now will be referred to as support organizations.
 
The Seattle Sounders FC support organization is called the Emerald City Supporters, with 3,700 card carrying members. And one of the largest in the MLS. I’m sorry, but I have a hard believing that… I would dare to state that they ARE the largest supporter group! If not, then the one with most heart. As I started researching, I discovered my little sister is a card carrying member of the ECS!
 
What the what, again?!
 
I was only surprised because I thought that she would drag me into it as well. To her credit, she didn’t. She kept her distance about that issue, and let me arrive to my conclusion. Personally, that’s the best move ever – well played, West Coast Player. It’s taken 4 years but I arrived to the decision to join the Emerald City Supporters, the ECS. I also didn’t know the subgroups of the ECS were plenty too!
 
·         253 Defiance
·         Armed Service Group
·         Seattle Sounders East
·         Black Hills Militia
·         Heartland Horde
·         West Sound Armada
·         La Barra Fuerza Verde
·         SoCal Sound
·         Fog City Faithful
·         Bellingham Border Boys
·         Pride of the Sound
·         509 Prime

 
While I don’t have the singular focus on soccer, Sounders FC, and all that entails, such as WCP, I am a fan, and now an ECS member. I don’t take commitments lightly, so that explains my 4-year incubation period. So, I’m Eternal Blue, Forever Green, Sounders ‘til I Die, type of guy.
 
This has been my C Note(s)
 
‘los; out

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manic Monday, Terrible Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Finally Friday

What a roller coaster week I have had! To start off the week was a manic Monday. After work on Monday , I did a WinCo run with WCP. Always entertaining. Tuesday was terrible. Started off by being tardy for work, so I treated myself to Tully's before posting up. And... in my experience, when you start off a day like that, any attempt to speed up or make up that half-step, half-tick, never happens. For inexplicable reason, you are now out-of-step with the Universe, and like fucking hell you're gonna make it back up. Never. Fails. I was late to meetings, I was late to a gym class I'm regularly early for, and the list goes on. In fact, I decided on that day instead of seeking out my dream girl of a svelte body, superior intelligence, endless energy, and with a litany of characteristics to make any fairy godmother proud I made the wide-sweeping declaration that I wanted this instead. A 2-ton, yoga pants wearing, 45 year old, bitter, divorcee that is one more named cat f

Thank You!

Thank you for reading my posts on this blog. However, I've managed to purchase my own domain to make my own posts and hopefully... y'all will follow it over there for your Weekly Dose of Los! www.carlosbayne.com 'los; out

Let's Dance

The other week, I was driving to my 2 nd job at Malarky’s Sports Grill. Wednesday to be exact. I noticed a man standing at a bus sign waiting for a bus. I recognized the man right away. It was Kenny, The Dancing Wild Man of Factoria. It’d been a minute since I’ve seen him on the streets of Issaquah, I was growing concerned that something awful happened to him. I was thankful to find him once again, and within the same area I “met” him the first time… hilarious story. I remember distinctively. It was my first summer I spent in Issaquah. The sun was out, so relatively warm. I was bombing around in the Sapphire Sled [an arctic blue, 2004 Acura RSX Type S] with the windows down, the tunes up. I was stopped at the traffic light on the corner of Front Street and NW Gilman Blvd; the busiest intersection. From out-the-cuts, I heard someone screaming! I pull off my shades immediately. I whip my head around trying to seek out the source of the noise. I turn down the radio as I desper