Skip to main content

Throwback, Thankful Thursday

On this Throwback Thankful Thursday... this just happened. The first half of my day in the office was BRUTAL. As in, it was the equivalent of rubbing one out with a cheese grater; slightly amusing but mostly painful!

The second half? Like a Seahawks regular season game. After some half-time adjustment, mostly an attitude adjustment and grub, I won the day. Focused on positive events, kept digging, and before I know it the work day is done.

As I was rolling down WA-900, I encountered the following.

A disable vehicle about 200 feet east from the light at the corner of WA-900, and 164th Ave SE. The grandmother, mother, and an infant on the side of the road. The husband desperately trying to figure out to locate the clutch release.

And the thought of me having a bad day blew away like a fart in the wind!

So I parked, and walked up to offer assistance. Another vehicle with three guys also pulled over. I introduced myself to the occupants of the disabled vehicle, and to the newcomers. One of the newcomers is a mechanic with tools and named Carlos.

Perfect.

I directed traffic around the disable on the alternating lights. The mechanic, his buddies, and husband did some fast work. They got the car into neutral. And then a 3rd passerby stop, jumped out of his pick up truck to help push aside the car.

I offered to drive them somewhere nearby to hold up because it is unseasonably cold outside. Those folks standing on the side of the road was not sitting well for me. Especially that infant! Thankfully the Jay Berry Cafe was right there, plus a buddy was en route with enough for all them and their gear.

You know what they said in return?

A hearty thank you for being angels tonight! We all smiled, said you're welcome, and to pay forward when you get that opportunity.

The mechanics, and pick up truck man and I all shook hands, said goodbye, and return to our vehicles.

You know what, folks? I WAS THE ONE WHO WAS THANKFUL to help. That's right! Because by helping someone else out, I helped myself realize I'm not having a bad day anymore and neither are they.

Sure the car is will be towed, but the family will be safe, and warm, and will live on. Isn't that the whole point of being on Spaceship Earth?

...

That's what I thought, too. This has been your C Note.

'los; out

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manic Monday, Terrible Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Finally Friday

What a roller coaster week I have had! To start off the week was a manic Monday. After work on Monday , I did a WinCo run with WCP. Always entertaining. Tuesday was terrible. Started off by being tardy for work, so I treated myself to Tully's before posting up. And... in my experience, when you start off a day like that, any attempt to speed up or make up that half-step, half-tick, never happens. For inexplicable reason, you are now out-of-step with the Universe, and like fucking hell you're gonna make it back up. Never. Fails. I was late to meetings, I was late to a gym class I'm regularly early for, and the list goes on. In fact, I decided on that day instead of seeking out my dream girl of a svelte body, superior intelligence, endless energy, and with a litany of characteristics to make any fairy godmother proud I made the wide-sweeping declaration that I wanted this instead. A 2-ton, yoga pants wearing, 45 year old, bitter, divorcee that is one more named cat f

Thank You!

Thank you for reading my posts on this blog. However, I've managed to purchase my own domain to make my own posts and hopefully... y'all will follow it over there for your Weekly Dose of Los! www.carlosbayne.com 'los; out

Let's Dance

The other week, I was driving to my 2 nd job at Malarky’s Sports Grill. Wednesday to be exact. I noticed a man standing at a bus sign waiting for a bus. I recognized the man right away. It was Kenny, The Dancing Wild Man of Factoria. It’d been a minute since I’ve seen him on the streets of Issaquah, I was growing concerned that something awful happened to him. I was thankful to find him once again, and within the same area I “met” him the first time… hilarious story. I remember distinctively. It was my first summer I spent in Issaquah. The sun was out, so relatively warm. I was bombing around in the Sapphire Sled [an arctic blue, 2004 Acura RSX Type S] with the windows down, the tunes up. I was stopped at the traffic light on the corner of Front Street and NW Gilman Blvd; the busiest intersection. From out-the-cuts, I heard someone screaming! I pull off my shades immediately. I whip my head around trying to seek out the source of the noise. I turn down the radio as I desper