Skip to main content

Online Dating's Most Un-Wanted

Look. I get it. I'm terrible at dating. WAIT! Lemme rephrase. Dating is terrible to me. That's right, dating is unkind to yours truly.

I've been dating for years now with various websites and apps, on and off for the past eight years, by subtracting that time for the few relationships I've had in that timeframe - I'd say more like 3 to 4 years.

I realize love is a four-letter word. Just like most of my fav swear words. Coincidence? I think not!

So my relationship status has changed recently to: zero fucks given! In order to get my weight up on dating, and gain more insight, I read up about online dating nowadays. I read a fascinating post by Dan Oragui at MeetMindful.com which is on-point: The 6 Ugly Truths of Online Dating about online dating. #legit
  1. Men and women have vastly different experiences and outcomes
  2. You have eight seconds to persuade a match to respond to your message
  3. You will get rejected - a lot
  4. The richer you are the most responses you will get
  5. Online dating can cripple your self-esteem and self-worth
  6. Online dating is the perfect primer for learning how to sell yourself
While Dan does address six valid points, he doesn't really write about the unwanted aspects of online dating. I'll jump in with a few observations!

Please don't misunderstand my message. I'm not above love or not wanting a relationship or a girl to be with. Dating simply sucks. Everyone reading this already nodded because they can acknowledge that! 

The Seattle Freeze is real, and palatable, ever since the Renton woman was murdered. Which I completely understand, but that shouldn't CEASE dating, just be more mindful of who you meet in-person.

I digress.

In honor of David Lettermen, here's the top 3 items that are UN-wanted in the online dating community. No citations given because these are merely the musings of a man and his experience with online dating.

Number 3 - Desperation. The "smell" of desperation reeks from your text messages to social media posts to even how you dress. This isn't gender specific either! Now then, this is simply just addressing potential desperation. Some people are perfectly content with single life, to which I say, all the power to them! However that said, if you are seeking out a partner, then the longer it was been from your previous relationship or sexual encounter is an multiplier of desperation e.g. a person 4 years removed from a partner is theorized to be more desperate than a person 4 weeks removed.

Generally, once a potential partner has sniffed an eau du toilette of desperate, it'll be repellent for the duration. No amount pumice stone scrubbing will wash it away.

To me, I read that as needy therefore parasitic behavior in order to cure their desperation. No, thanks. #kthxbye

Number 2 - Zero Confidence. While confidence is an elixir to the opposite sex, then the inverse is true; zero confidence will not attract anyone. I'm confident it's signals the opposite sex / same sex that they'll have to play double duty for any long-term relationship (see what I did there?)

You'll appear as a Debbie Downer of sorts, Eeyore online, etc. That means they'll have to be a continuous cheerleader. And to quote Sweet Brown, "Ain't nobody got time for that!" 

Number 1 - ... but one phenomenon that wasn't addressed in the referenced post, and I'm still baffled by it - its dating's MOST UN-wanted. Lemme clarify, it's the dating single, heterosexual woman  most un-wanted: the dick pic!

I understand if you're sexting (another phenomenon I'll address later, too) one another that exchanging nudes would understood and ... wanted. There it is: wanted.

I researched article after article trying to find a causality for a man's first message to a woman, he doesn't know and vice versa, would be a dick pic with the words, "you have pretty eyes" then she would automagically run over to review it in-person. Ya know, documented proof that this actually happened.

Suffice to say, I didn't find it. It's beyond my scope of human logic on trying to understand why do my other bro's do this? Why, why, why, does my brethren engage in this behavior? As Joe Santagato would state in his tutorial on How To Slide Into A DM, "Lock the cock up, you moron!"

There's a reason why male genitals do not appear in classical art, or most art forms, yet female genitals do ... they are simply not accepted as beautiful. I'm confident that there are more attractive features that you can text over such as but not including all possibilities: eyes, smile, hair, six-pack abs, nice chest.

Anything but "THAT"!

Trust me when I say, I am not reeking of desperation, I'm brimming with confidence, and rest assured I'm not texting that garbage to women. It's a matter of time when dating will start being terrible to me, and be kind to me as much as I am to it.

This has been my C Note, click here to read my other notes.

'los; out


Comments

  1. Nice tips. I am finding like this https://www.offtogether.com/ site, who are selecting the best dating place for me. If you have another site, share with me.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey what a brilliant post I have come a cross and believe me I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this.
    Best Dating App For London

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Manic Monday, Terrible Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Finally Friday

What a roller coaster week I have had! To start off the week was a manic Monday. After work on Monday , I did a WinCo run with WCP. Always entertaining. Tuesday was terrible. Started off by being tardy for work, so I treated myself to Tully's before posting up. And... in my experience, when you start off a day like that, any attempt to speed up or make up that half-step, half-tick, never happens. For inexplicable reason, you are now out-of-step with the Universe, and like fucking hell you're gonna make it back up. Never. Fails. I was late to meetings, I was late to a gym class I'm regularly early for, and the list goes on. In fact, I decided on that day instead of seeking out my dream girl of a svelte body, superior intelligence, endless energy, and with a litany of characteristics to make any fairy godmother proud I made the wide-sweeping declaration that I wanted this instead. A 2-ton, yoga pants wearing, 45 year old, bitter, divorcee that is one more named cat f

Thank You!

Thank you for reading my posts on this blog. However, I've managed to purchase my own domain to make my own posts and hopefully... y'all will follow it over there for your Weekly Dose of Los! www.carlosbayne.com 'los; out

Let's Dance

The other week, I was driving to my 2 nd job at Malarky’s Sports Grill. Wednesday to be exact. I noticed a man standing at a bus sign waiting for a bus. I recognized the man right away. It was Kenny, The Dancing Wild Man of Factoria. It’d been a minute since I’ve seen him on the streets of Issaquah, I was growing concerned that something awful happened to him. I was thankful to find him once again, and within the same area I “met” him the first time… hilarious story. I remember distinctively. It was my first summer I spent in Issaquah. The sun was out, so relatively warm. I was bombing around in the Sapphire Sled [an arctic blue, 2004 Acura RSX Type S] with the windows down, the tunes up. I was stopped at the traffic light on the corner of Front Street and NW Gilman Blvd; the busiest intersection. From out-the-cuts, I heard someone screaming! I pull off my shades immediately. I whip my head around trying to seek out the source of the noise. I turn down the radio as I desper