Skip to main content

Love Game

Of all the games I play and participate in, love is one of those that I have yet to capture that elusive championship win. I was reminded of that while watching and photographing a wedding over the weekend.

... and it also gave me hope. I might be able to win later in my life, with a woman that truly can understand, appreciate me, and love me.

I sincerely doubt it, though.

The pastor preached about seven lessons that each of them need to adhere to in order to ensure the marriage to last. The last of course was love. His words resonated with me. One sentence in particular is the limitless songs that speak to love.

The current one that played on Mark IV [named iPod] was Toby Keith, "Tryin' To Fall In Love".

"Tryin' To Fall In Love"

If women come a dime a dozen, I ain’t got a penny
Some guys are gettin’ way too much, some guys don’t get any
But if I had a nickel for every time I’d had enough
I’d still be busted and heartbroken still be tryin’ to fall in love

I fell in love with Linda she didn’t love me back
I went crazy over Chrissy, she went crazy over Jack
Maria down in Mexico, my Spanish Mona Lisa
Tried to fly her back to Texas but she did not have a visa

If women come a dime a dozen, I ain’t got a penny
Some guys are gettin’ way too much, some guys don’t get any
But if I had a nickel for every time I’d had enough
I’d still be busted and heartbroken still be tryin’ to fall in love

Bought Renee a dozen roses, all she did was make me beg
Displayed my love for Donna with a tattoo on my leg
There’s a tree where me and Carla carved our names with a pocket knife
But like our love it burned down with a lightning strike

If women come a dime a dozen, I ain’t got a penny
Some guys are gettin’ way too much, some guys don’t get any
But if I had a nickel for every time I’d had enough
I’d still be busted and heartbroken still be tryin’ to fall in love

Why does everybody say there’s lots of fish out in the sea?
When I’m swimming after women they’re all laid up on the beach

If women come a dime a dozen, I ain’t got a penny
Some guys are gettin’ way too much, some guys don’t get any
But if I had a nickel for every time I’d had enough
I’d still be busted and heartbroken still be tryin’ to fall in love
Yeah busted and heartbroken still be tryin’ to fall in love

Fantastic. A stark reminder that I'm still trying to win at love. This playa has hella losses to his name. Today's quotable quote was uttered by a co-worker, after witnessing me for the nth million time take care of someone else instead of myself.

"Geez, 'los, you need a wife!"
I fired back, "Tell me something I don't know..." I chuckled but only as a defense mechanism. The rest of the day I had a serious boulder on my shoulder about women.

Dating is so frustrating. Especially when I study the statistics about relationships that start at work, where you spend a fair amount of your time at. Then of course the statistics for divorce tell me a different story. 

And being a Pacific Northwest resident, I can add the layer of complexity of the Seattle Freeze, which is a real stigma that I don't have the time, energy, or inclination to vet that out on this post. Sweet Brown can tell you about how "Oh, Lord Jesus, ain't no one got time for that!"

The following will be a CLM in this game of love, but at this point, I don't care. If you really knew me, then you know how much of the crazy $H!T that tumbles out of my mouth I honestly don't mean. 

And if you don't know me, and don't wanna know me because I'm "too energetic", "difficult to understand", "talks too much", and lastly, "can't slow down to appreciate the other things in life"... that's your loss. I'm not gonna pine away for your affection. 

But I will fight to win at love. 

I just don't think I'll ever win. Whether now or in 20 years from now, which saddens me but releases me from expectation as well. 

'sides, aren't we told, "It's not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game". Well, baby, then don't hate the player... hate the game!

This has been your C Note. 

'los; out

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manic Monday, Terrible Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Finally Friday

What a roller coaster week I have had! To start off the week was a manic Monday. After work on Monday , I did a WinCo run with WCP. Always entertaining. Tuesday was terrible. Started off by being tardy for work, so I treated myself to Tully's before posting up. And... in my experience, when you start off a day like that, any attempt to speed up or make up that half-step, half-tick, never happens. For inexplicable reason, you are now out-of-step with the Universe, and like fucking hell you're gonna make it back up. Never. Fails. I was late to meetings, I was late to a gym class I'm regularly early for, and the list goes on. In fact, I decided on that day instead of seeking out my dream girl of a svelte body, superior intelligence, endless energy, and with a litany of characteristics to make any fairy godmother proud I made the wide-sweeping declaration that I wanted this instead. A 2-ton, yoga pants wearing, 45 year old, bitter, divorcee that is one more named cat f

Thank You!

Thank you for reading my posts on this blog. However, I've managed to purchase my own domain to make my own posts and hopefully... y'all will follow it over there for your Weekly Dose of Los! www.carlosbayne.com 'los; out

Let's Dance

The other week, I was driving to my 2 nd job at Malarky’s Sports Grill. Wednesday to be exact. I noticed a man standing at a bus sign waiting for a bus. I recognized the man right away. It was Kenny, The Dancing Wild Man of Factoria. It’d been a minute since I’ve seen him on the streets of Issaquah, I was growing concerned that something awful happened to him. I was thankful to find him once again, and within the same area I “met” him the first time… hilarious story. I remember distinctively. It was my first summer I spent in Issaquah. The sun was out, so relatively warm. I was bombing around in the Sapphire Sled [an arctic blue, 2004 Acura RSX Type S] with the windows down, the tunes up. I was stopped at the traffic light on the corner of Front Street and NW Gilman Blvd; the busiest intersection. From out-the-cuts, I heard someone screaming! I pull off my shades immediately. I whip my head around trying to seek out the source of the noise. I turn down the radio as I desper