Skip to main content

My Watershed Moment

Elevator speech version: In 9 weeks, after dedicated workouts of free weights, and intense interval cardio plus self-discpline and a somewhat nutritious diet, I carved myself down to 191 lbs, and 18% body fat [not to be confused with BMI]. A loss of 17lbs, and 7% of body fat.

There. Now you can Facebook "Like" this post and continue scrolling through your newsfeed.

For those that want to enjoy a bit of reading or at least like my writing stylings, then here we go...

War and Peace version:
So. A couple of months ago, I bought tickets to Watershed Musical Festival. At the Gorge. In August. Basically hotter than Georgia asphalt on a summer's day! Might be occasion to take my shirt off. That said, I don't wanna be one the many that, "those that shouldn't, do; and those that should, don't." HM! Do I look good now? Am I feeling healthy or at least healthy? First answer to first question while subjective is still, no sir. Otherwise I would've had a wife / finance / girlfriend / etc by now. I didn't at the time, I don't at this current writing. Aiight... well, I'll do my best with what God and Mom gave me, which to say is not much.

Next answer? Only a current metrics review would do. I bravely stepped on the scale and subjected myself to the body fat calipers I bought some time ago. Decidedly not healthy for a man of my 1) age 2) frame 3) height 4) and activity level.

How do I solve both issues at the same time? I landed on a S.M.A.R.T. goal (thank you, Costco Management Training)

Specific - Designed for me
Measurable - Sadly, I have those measurements in front of me
Achievable - Anything is achievable with a keep digging attitude
Results oriented - Answers in the question, yo.
Time sensitive - Only have 66 days to Watershed

I calculated that if I lost 18 lbs weight of current weight (208lbs) I should shed 7.5% body fat in roughly 9 weeks. Or to be granular about it, that's .27 lbs per day, or 2 lbs per week. Oy vey, reasonable goal but tough. And I've been down this road before. While I don't lack determination, I do lack accountability. No one gave a $H!T - then or now. And even if they did, how are they to discpline me?

I also calculated that nine Mondays are between now and Watershed. I decided to keep myself accountable I would post my weekly progress on my Facebook Wall. That way either it's either cheers or jeers. In addition, I would write my current weight on my forearm with red, dry-eraser pen to wear as a Scarlet Number considering Scarlet Letter was taken already!

[Nine Mondays later]

This morning was Tuesday. Moment of truth! I trudged up to the scale once more, just like the 8 prior times. I knew yesterday I only consumed a cheese sando and a banana. I also completed 2 straight hours of soccer play last night.

I close my eyes. Did I really do that?

I open them up to see 191 lbs on the scale. Hm. Must be wrong, try again, on a different scale. Same result. I tried the electronic scale; same. SWEET! WIN! I DID IT! It's my waterSHED moment, because now I know I can really apply myself to a results oriented task and do it.

Now all I gotta do is maintain it.

This has been MY C Note! 'los; out

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manic Monday, Terrible Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Finally Friday

What a roller coaster week I have had! To start off the week was a manic Monday. After work on Monday , I did a WinCo run with WCP. Always entertaining. Tuesday was terrible. Started off by being tardy for work, so I treated myself to Tully's before posting up. And... in my experience, when you start off a day like that, any attempt to speed up or make up that half-step, half-tick, never happens. For inexplicable reason, you are now out-of-step with the Universe, and like fucking hell you're gonna make it back up. Never. Fails. I was late to meetings, I was late to a gym class I'm regularly early for, and the list goes on. In fact, I decided on that day instead of seeking out my dream girl of a svelte body, superior intelligence, endless energy, and with a litany of characteristics to make any fairy godmother proud I made the wide-sweeping declaration that I wanted this instead. A 2-ton, yoga pants wearing, 45 year old, bitter, divorcee that is one more named cat f

Thank You!

Thank you for reading my posts on this blog. However, I've managed to purchase my own domain to make my own posts and hopefully... y'all will follow it over there for your Weekly Dose of Los! www.carlosbayne.com 'los; out

Let's Dance

The other week, I was driving to my 2 nd job at Malarky’s Sports Grill. Wednesday to be exact. I noticed a man standing at a bus sign waiting for a bus. I recognized the man right away. It was Kenny, The Dancing Wild Man of Factoria. It’d been a minute since I’ve seen him on the streets of Issaquah, I was growing concerned that something awful happened to him. I was thankful to find him once again, and within the same area I “met” him the first time… hilarious story. I remember distinctively. It was my first summer I spent in Issaquah. The sun was out, so relatively warm. I was bombing around in the Sapphire Sled [an arctic blue, 2004 Acura RSX Type S] with the windows down, the tunes up. I was stopped at the traffic light on the corner of Front Street and NW Gilman Blvd; the busiest intersection. From out-the-cuts, I heard someone screaming! I pull off my shades immediately. I whip my head around trying to seek out the source of the noise. I turn down the radio as I desper