Skip to main content

Fitness Fun


Aiight, checkpoint five of nine. I'm happy to announce that I'm managed to carve down to 194.8lbs, 23% body fat.

Funny encounter at the office and at the gym today within a couple hours of each other. At the office, I was blazing down the hallway as I usually do, headed to the can. Two female co-workers of mine stopped me. They've noticed my weight loss over the past month, and knew I did "Insanity". They ask me a few cursory questions about my group. WTF? When did it become "my group"? At any rate, I brushed off the comment and moved.

So... I posted up at the gym, faithfully because I'm dedicated to my goal. I'm gonna look good for Watershed! I know I'm not hot by any means, but you've gotta work with God and your Momma gave you. For once, I was alone in my endeavor. The guy in the exercise room was doing some bag work. He quipped, "Where's your crew? You're alone today?" WTF again? When did it become my group? I joined an existing one! I explained that it's a free range group of people at Corporate (I'm from Travel) that happen to meet up. I explained my fitness goal to them, and they readily made their own goals for August 1st.

Then he asked me about my pen marks on my forearm. I further explained that it's my Scarlet Number since Scarlet Letter was taken ('sides that was about adultery, if I wore an A it either represent AWESOME or ASSHAT depending if I'd be drinking or not)

I digress!

I politely excused myself because the boxing group was about to post up at 6pm. And then?

Jorge shows up. He said I looked sad all alone doing the P90X Plus. WTF for the third time today? (isn't there a statue of limitations of WTF you can drop before you just don't care?) He quickly suited up, not Barney Stinson style, and joined me.

Me being a nice guy, queued up the DVD from the beginning - so I did 1.5 times.

What am I getting at, you ask? I'll tell you. I didn't need anyone to help get into the shape I was in, I didn't need any help setting up a fitness goal, or the assistance with the motivation to do it, or the dedication to keep digging. That being said, it's always nice to have a workout buddy and be recognized for efforts of leadership and that the results are showing - if not at the pace I wish it to be - at least someone else noticed!

'los; out

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manic Monday, Terrible Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Finally Friday

What a roller coaster week I have had! To start off the week was a manic Monday. After work on Monday , I did a WinCo run with WCP. Always entertaining. Tuesday was terrible. Started off by being tardy for work, so I treated myself to Tully's before posting up. And... in my experience, when you start off a day like that, any attempt to speed up or make up that half-step, half-tick, never happens. For inexplicable reason, you are now out-of-step with the Universe, and like fucking hell you're gonna make it back up. Never. Fails. I was late to meetings, I was late to a gym class I'm regularly early for, and the list goes on. In fact, I decided on that day instead of seeking out my dream girl of a svelte body, superior intelligence, endless energy, and with a litany of characteristics to make any fairy godmother proud I made the wide-sweeping declaration that I wanted this instead. A 2-ton, yoga pants wearing, 45 year old, bitter, divorcee that is one more named cat f

Thank You!

Thank you for reading my posts on this blog. However, I've managed to purchase my own domain to make my own posts and hopefully... y'all will follow it over there for your Weekly Dose of Los! www.carlosbayne.com 'los; out

Let's Dance

The other week, I was driving to my 2 nd job at Malarky’s Sports Grill. Wednesday to be exact. I noticed a man standing at a bus sign waiting for a bus. I recognized the man right away. It was Kenny, The Dancing Wild Man of Factoria. It’d been a minute since I’ve seen him on the streets of Issaquah, I was growing concerned that something awful happened to him. I was thankful to find him once again, and within the same area I “met” him the first time… hilarious story. I remember distinctively. It was my first summer I spent in Issaquah. The sun was out, so relatively warm. I was bombing around in the Sapphire Sled [an arctic blue, 2004 Acura RSX Type S] with the windows down, the tunes up. I was stopped at the traffic light on the corner of Front Street and NW Gilman Blvd; the busiest intersection. From out-the-cuts, I heard someone screaming! I pull off my shades immediately. I whip my head around trying to seek out the source of the noise. I turn down the radio as I desper