Skip to main content

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: Spaceman

Recently, SpaceX founder, #ElonMusk launched a Telsa Roadster into space with the driver named, Spaceman. The words, "Don't Panic" is displayed on the center console. This is an obvious ode to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Well, I ALSO paid homage to the "trilogy with 5 parts" weeks ago because my 42nd birthday was this year, so I dressed up as Arthur Dent and I was easily recognized by the knowledgeable fans.

If you're familiar with the series, read it, or even watched the 2015 feature film of the same name, you'll know that after millions of years the Deep Thought super-computer concluded that the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything is ... 42!

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

The announcement revitalized my interest in space exploration, which I'm assuming is the same across the globe considering the amount of social media buzz it created.

With the launch, the talk of a "space elevator" has been renewed which would eliminate the costly rocket launches that cost $10,000 per pound.

And then it's a quick transition to Faster-Than-Light (FTL) engines and/or drives. Humans have determined the distances of other objects in space are further than our current transportation. We'd be dead before reaching the closest star.

So maybe a copy of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy would be the key to success?

Science fiction makes my heart sing because that's the creativity that scientists are inspired by to make some of those concepts and/or inventions into science fact!

The Hubble Space Telescope, and the International Space Station (ISS) are testimony to citizens of Earth are looking beyond the stars. I recently watched Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets.
I discovered that the basis of Alpha is the ISS grew so large that it was sent off into outer space, and had been added on by other beings over 700 hundred years.

So don't panic, the future of space, and space travel is still in progress. I can't wait to see what develops next! Until next time, Spaceship Earth, be good like you should, and if you can't be good, be good at what you do.

Mic drop *bOoM*
'los; out

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manic Monday, Terrible Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Finally Friday

What a roller coaster week I have had! To start off the week was a manic Monday. After work on Monday , I did a WinCo run with WCP. Always entertaining. Tuesday was terrible. Started off by being tardy for work, so I treated myself to Tully's before posting up. And... in my experience, when you start off a day like that, any attempt to speed up or make up that half-step, half-tick, never happens. For inexplicable reason, you are now out-of-step with the Universe, and like fucking hell you're gonna make it back up. Never. Fails. I was late to meetings, I was late to a gym class I'm regularly early for, and the list goes on. In fact, I decided on that day instead of seeking out my dream girl of a svelte body, superior intelligence, endless energy, and with a litany of characteristics to make any fairy godmother proud I made the wide-sweeping declaration that I wanted this instead. A 2-ton, yoga pants wearing, 45 year old, bitter, divorcee that is one more named cat f

Thank You!

Thank you for reading my posts on this blog. However, I've managed to purchase my own domain to make my own posts and hopefully... y'all will follow it over there for your Weekly Dose of Los! www.carlosbayne.com 'los; out

Let's Dance

The other week, I was driving to my 2 nd job at Malarky’s Sports Grill. Wednesday to be exact. I noticed a man standing at a bus sign waiting for a bus. I recognized the man right away. It was Kenny, The Dancing Wild Man of Factoria. It’d been a minute since I’ve seen him on the streets of Issaquah, I was growing concerned that something awful happened to him. I was thankful to find him once again, and within the same area I “met” him the first time… hilarious story. I remember distinctively. It was my first summer I spent in Issaquah. The sun was out, so relatively warm. I was bombing around in the Sapphire Sled [an arctic blue, 2004 Acura RSX Type S] with the windows down, the tunes up. I was stopped at the traffic light on the corner of Front Street and NW Gilman Blvd; the busiest intersection. From out-the-cuts, I heard someone screaming! I pull off my shades immediately. I whip my head around trying to seek out the source of the noise. I turn down the radio as I desper