Skip to main content

Adventures In Corn Maze: Thomas Family Farm

Adventures In Corn Mazes - My first one was last year, and might repeat it this year. When I'm asked about my first experience, I usually describe it was the Blair Witch Project meets Legend of Zelda.  Growing up in the city of Mountlake Terrace didn't afford me many opportunities to have corn grow. Let alone grow enough to provide a maze of it. So when I was old enough to drive myself to the outlying towns of Snohomish, and Arlington, I wasn't interested in adventures in corn mazes, #letsbehonest

Ever since I moved from the city of Bothell to the "city" of Lake Stevens out where I've described it as the "sticks" or "Canada" because of my distance from a majority of my friends, it's been easier to find country life activities such as corn mazes, hay rides, outdoor paintball, and firing apple cannons.

Adventures In Corn Mazes

My first year working at the Woodinville Costco was a time of learning and observing. Along Washington Highway 9 especially between Clearview and Snohomish there are expansive farm fields on either side. Therefore the advertising isn't difficult to notice and read. One was (still is) a billboard sign for Thomas Family Farms enticing you to turn left (westward) to their place to enjoy fresh picked apples, corn, kid's activities, and of course their main draw - Adventures In Corn Mazes - Their corn maze!

I mentioned this to my little sister, Charrina, one afternoon, "Ya know, it's on my Bucket List to tackle a corn maze."
Her facial expression was priceless, "Wait. Hold up. You've never been through one? Not like with Marty, or Art? Or even Chris?"
"No, ma'am. I just never made it a priority as a teen, or young adult. Now? It seems muddy, cold, and without merit or reward. Yet it is still on my list of experiences I want to have."
She sits up, and says, "Ok, big brother. Pick one, and a date or two, and I'll do it that with you."

Saturday, October 6th, 2016 was the day of days! We rolled up to the maze super early in the morning to leverage the little bit of light punching through the fully clouded-over sky. Thomas Family Farm is a compound. I loved it, too. At least from what I experienced of this agritourism and event venue farm. I wanted at least one of the adventures in corn mazes to right away. There is many activities to do beyond the corn maze (daytime) such as pumpkin patch, gem mining, super slide, pro karts, kid paintball blast, Monster Truck rides, and my favorite, apple cannons! They also offer nighttime activities of zombie paintball, Nightmare on 9 Haunted House, and flashlight corn maze.
Speaking of which, we never really finished more than a few checkpoints in the maze the last time. Perhaps we should visit again seeking redemption inside the corn maze? Tell me, Spaceship Earth and Seattle, have you rocked a corn maze before? If so, where did you do it? Nearby, like Thomas Family Farm? Or the Midwest? The South? I'm uber curious!

Until next time though, be good like you should, and if you can't be good, be good at what you do!
Mic drop *bOoM*
'los; out

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manic Monday, Terrible Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Finally Friday

What a roller coaster week I have had! To start off the week was a manic Monday. After work on Monday , I did a WinCo run with WCP. Always entertaining. Tuesday was terrible. Started off by being tardy for work, so I treated myself to Tully's before posting up. And... in my experience, when you start off a day like that, any attempt to speed up or make up that half-step, half-tick, never happens. For inexplicable reason, you are now out-of-step with the Universe, and like fucking hell you're gonna make it back up. Never. Fails. I was late to meetings, I was late to a gym class I'm regularly early for, and the list goes on. In fact, I decided on that day instead of seeking out my dream girl of a svelte body, superior intelligence, endless energy, and with a litany of characteristics to make any fairy godmother proud I made the wide-sweeping declaration that I wanted this instead. A 2-ton, yoga pants wearing, 45 year old, bitter, divorcee that is one more named cat f

Thank You!

Thank you for reading my posts on this blog. However, I've managed to purchase my own domain to make my own posts and hopefully... y'all will follow it over there for your Weekly Dose of Los! www.carlosbayne.com 'los; out

Let's Dance

The other week, I was driving to my 2 nd job at Malarky’s Sports Grill. Wednesday to be exact. I noticed a man standing at a bus sign waiting for a bus. I recognized the man right away. It was Kenny, The Dancing Wild Man of Factoria. It’d been a minute since I’ve seen him on the streets of Issaquah, I was growing concerned that something awful happened to him. I was thankful to find him once again, and within the same area I “met” him the first time… hilarious story. I remember distinctively. It was my first summer I spent in Issaquah. The sun was out, so relatively warm. I was bombing around in the Sapphire Sled [an arctic blue, 2004 Acura RSX Type S] with the windows down, the tunes up. I was stopped at the traffic light on the corner of Front Street and NW Gilman Blvd; the busiest intersection. From out-the-cuts, I heard someone screaming! I pull off my shades immediately. I whip my head around trying to seek out the source of the noise. I turn down the radio as I desper