Skip to main content

Bluetooth Blunder at Half-Price Books

My early opinion of Bluetooth technology (wireless) was not favorable. It stems from etiquette, or lack thereof, regarding cellphone use. I’m not a fan of broadcasting my conversation to anyone other than who I’m speaking to despite what my friends and family tells you.

So the following incident is still hilarious to me... 

If memory serves me, this happened in the early 2000’s. I was in the Lynnwood Half Price Books for a reason I can’t seem to remember. I approached the wall of videos and video games. There was another patron crouched down in front of the Western type of movies. He turned his head slightly to face me. He asked out loud.

Random Man: “Hey man, who was more cowboy? John Wayne or Clint Eastwood? “
I waited a beat before answering with, “Well, they didn’t call him the Duke for nothing but as far as grit goes I’d haveta say Clint. “
He replies, “I think I’ve made my decision. It’ll be John.”
I nodded my head in acceptance, “Solid choice. “
He stands up, and turns to leave with his choice, only to say to me, “Who are you talking to?”
I was confused. “You.”
He taps the Bluetooth earpiece, “I’m at the store but some guy is trying to talk to me. “ His facial expression was one of disgust. 
I furrowed my eyebrows. “Enjoy your movie, tool. “ That was awkward in every way possible. 
I searched on the internet for list(s) of cellphone etiquette. Many of the lists had repeats but the underlying point is being respectful of others that can hear your conversation whether they want to or not.


List of Cellphone Etiquette 

1. Be in control of your phone, don’t let it control you!
2. Speak softly.
3. Be courteous to those you are with; turn off your phone if it will be interrupting a conversation or activity.
4. Watch your language, especially when others can overhear you.
5. Avoid talking about personal or confidential topics in a public place.
6. If it must be on and it could bother others, use the “silent” mode and move away to talk.
7. Don’t make calls in a library, theater, church, or from your table in a restaurant.
8. Don’t text during class or a meeting at your job.
9. Private info can be forwarded, so don’t text it.
10. NEVER drive and use your phone at the same time.

Even Urban Dictionary defines an inappropriate person as a Bluetool.  A person who wears a bluetooth wireless earpiece everywhere they go to seem trendy and important. Places to spot bluetools include movie theaters, malls, restaurants, gyms, grocery stores and cars.

#ri-tard #douchebag #douche #bluetooth #bluefool

At any rate, I have a tough time bringing myself to use a Bluetooth earpiece even to this day. But if I synchronize it with the #SapphireSled or any vehicle honestly, then it's on like Donkey Kong! 
How about y'all, Spaceship Earth? 
  • Do you talk to the air like you just don't care, because you don't? 
  • Or are you conscientious of talking on the phone? 
  • Do you even talk on the phone and strictly text?

Inquiring minds, like mine, wanna know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manic Monday, Terrible Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Finally Friday

What a roller coaster week I have had! To start off the week was a manic Monday. After work on Monday , I did a WinCo run with WCP. Always entertaining. Tuesday was terrible. Started off by being tardy for work, so I treated myself to Tully's before posting up. And... in my experience, when you start off a day like that, any attempt to speed up or make up that half-step, half-tick, never happens. For inexplicable reason, you are now out-of-step with the Universe, and like fucking hell you're gonna make it back up. Never. Fails. I was late to meetings, I was late to a gym class I'm regularly early for, and the list goes on. In fact, I decided on that day instead of seeking out my dream girl of a svelte body, superior intelligence, endless energy, and with a litany of characteristics to make any fairy godmother proud I made the wide-sweeping declaration that I wanted this instead. A 2-ton, yoga pants wearing, 45 year old, bitter, divorcee that is one more named cat f

Thank You!

Thank you for reading my posts on this blog. However, I've managed to purchase my own domain to make my own posts and hopefully... y'all will follow it over there for your Weekly Dose of Los! www.carlosbayne.com 'los; out

Let's Dance

The other week, I was driving to my 2 nd job at Malarky’s Sports Grill. Wednesday to be exact. I noticed a man standing at a bus sign waiting for a bus. I recognized the man right away. It was Kenny, The Dancing Wild Man of Factoria. It’d been a minute since I’ve seen him on the streets of Issaquah, I was growing concerned that something awful happened to him. I was thankful to find him once again, and within the same area I “met” him the first time… hilarious story. I remember distinctively. It was my first summer I spent in Issaquah. The sun was out, so relatively warm. I was bombing around in the Sapphire Sled [an arctic blue, 2004 Acura RSX Type S] with the windows down, the tunes up. I was stopped at the traffic light on the corner of Front Street and NW Gilman Blvd; the busiest intersection. From out-the-cuts, I heard someone screaming! I pull off my shades immediately. I whip my head around trying to seek out the source of the noise. I turn down the radio as I desper