Skip to main content

Carlos Warehouse Chronicles

After a full 40 hour week at the Woodinville Costco (747), I only have a few observations. First and foremost, the entire staff at the building is super sweet, welcoming, and accommodating. That was a relief. I heard of experiences of transfers to buildings, and warnings about the work environment, and hearsay but didn't cloud my first impressions.
And if you know anything about me, you know this is my SOP for any adventure. Be myself but watch and see what the situation will bear.
I noticed there is a subtle hierarchy, in terms of tasks, within the workforce. I envisioned cart runs in the rain, and other not-so-desirable tasks, for my first week. I was pleasantly surprised with tasks that would help me be a better cashier at the front end. I won't list them out, or detail them out, but I'm not afraid of hard work so I accepted all of them with a smile and "I'm on it" on my lips.
Secondly, there's a warehouse vernacular that is a mixture of English, abbreviations and acronyms. I don't know if it's location specific, but it seems it can be applied to other Costco warehouses. After a day or two, I got a handle of it. As I've mentioned to anyone who would listen to me, that this is not my first foray into retail. Just my first rodeo in two decades, that's all.
Lastly, I've be reassured that this is a great place for my personality traits and skills to thrive in. I'm not perfect at what I'm doing by any stretch, but as my girlfriend would quote to me, "practice makes progress".
I don't have any funny or interesting stories working at the store, yet. The keyword? Yet.

Until my next chronicle, keep digging!
'los; out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manic Monday, Terrible Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Finally Friday

What a roller coaster week I have had! To start off the week was a manic Monday. After work on Monday , I did a WinCo run with WCP. Always entertaining. Tuesday was terrible. Started off by being tardy for work, so I treated myself to Tully's before posting up. And... in my experience, when you start off a day like that, any attempt to speed up or make up that half-step, half-tick, never happens. For inexplicable reason, you are now out-of-step with the Universe, and like fucking hell you're gonna make it back up. Never. Fails. I was late to meetings, I was late to a gym class I'm regularly early for, and the list goes on. In fact, I decided on that day instead of seeking out my dream girl of a svelte body, superior intelligence, endless energy, and with a litany of characteristics to make any fairy godmother proud I made the wide-sweeping declaration that I wanted this instead. A 2-ton, yoga pants wearing, 45 year old, bitter, divorcee that is one more named cat f

Thank You!

Thank you for reading my posts on this blog. However, I've managed to purchase my own domain to make my own posts and hopefully... y'all will follow it over there for your Weekly Dose of Los! www.carlosbayne.com 'los; out

Let's Dance

The other week, I was driving to my 2 nd job at Malarky’s Sports Grill. Wednesday to be exact. I noticed a man standing at a bus sign waiting for a bus. I recognized the man right away. It was Kenny, The Dancing Wild Man of Factoria. It’d been a minute since I’ve seen him on the streets of Issaquah, I was growing concerned that something awful happened to him. I was thankful to find him once again, and within the same area I “met” him the first time… hilarious story. I remember distinctively. It was my first summer I spent in Issaquah. The sun was out, so relatively warm. I was bombing around in the Sapphire Sled [an arctic blue, 2004 Acura RSX Type S] with the windows down, the tunes up. I was stopped at the traffic light on the corner of Front Street and NW Gilman Blvd; the busiest intersection. From out-the-cuts, I heard someone screaming! I pull off my shades immediately. I whip my head around trying to seek out the source of the noise. I turn down the radio as I desper