Skip to main content

Good To Go ... NOW!

After 2 days, 2 phone calls per day, I was able to contact the WSDOT Good To Go Office. 1-3 record isn't bad right? You see I qualified for a free GTG Flex Pass on RideShareOnline. The red sticker on it states to activate it before use.

Having been through the new debit card - credit card experience, this seem natural. Easy. Automated. Right? Not even close.

I access my GTG account online in the hopes that the portal has been upgraded and enabled end-user to modify their accounts. Nope - what the hell was I thinking?! I call the toll free number on the sticker.

And that's when I inadvertently relived the Friends episode called The One with the Screamer (Season 3, episode 22) Specifically, I'm speaking about the longest hold that Phoebe is on because her phone warranty is about to expire.

I discover from the automated phone prompts, which is the same voice of the Comcast bitch, that the office hours are closed. I called on Wednesday. Twice. Each time I held on for 20 minutes each, only to have to bail because Spaceship Earth decided to keep rotating.


So this morning, I called again. Same result. Finally I called this afternoon. I was able to speak to someone. My first question was if this call was even necessary. To my relief, she said yes. I have an existing account with the "Pay by Plate" which can't be change by only them.

Awesome.

After a brief, but productive conversation, my GTG Flex Pass was activated and able to use it tomorrow during the cluster that is known as 405.

At least I wasn't hung up on. I'm good to (wait for it) go ... now!

That was terrible, and I'm NOT sorry!
'los; out

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manic Monday, Terrible Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Finally Friday

What a roller coaster week I have had! To start off the week was a manic Monday. After work on Monday , I did a WinCo run with WCP. Always entertaining. Tuesday was terrible. Started off by being tardy for work, so I treated myself to Tully's before posting up. And... in my experience, when you start off a day like that, any attempt to speed up or make up that half-step, half-tick, never happens. For inexplicable reason, you are now out-of-step with the Universe, and like fucking hell you're gonna make it back up. Never. Fails. I was late to meetings, I was late to a gym class I'm regularly early for, and the list goes on. In fact, I decided on that day instead of seeking out my dream girl of a svelte body, superior intelligence, endless energy, and with a litany of characteristics to make any fairy godmother proud I made the wide-sweeping declaration that I wanted this instead. A 2-ton, yoga pants wearing, 45 year old, bitter, divorcee that is one more named cat f

Thank You!

Thank you for reading my posts on this blog. However, I've managed to purchase my own domain to make my own posts and hopefully... y'all will follow it over there for your Weekly Dose of Los! www.carlosbayne.com 'los; out

Let's Dance

The other week, I was driving to my 2 nd job at Malarky’s Sports Grill. Wednesday to be exact. I noticed a man standing at a bus sign waiting for a bus. I recognized the man right away. It was Kenny, The Dancing Wild Man of Factoria. It’d been a minute since I’ve seen him on the streets of Issaquah, I was growing concerned that something awful happened to him. I was thankful to find him once again, and within the same area I “met” him the first time… hilarious story. I remember distinctively. It was my first summer I spent in Issaquah. The sun was out, so relatively warm. I was bombing around in the Sapphire Sled [an arctic blue, 2004 Acura RSX Type S] with the windows down, the tunes up. I was stopped at the traffic light on the corner of Front Street and NW Gilman Blvd; the busiest intersection. From out-the-cuts, I heard someone screaming! I pull off my shades immediately. I whip my head around trying to seek out the source of the noise. I turn down the radio as I desper