Skip to main content

What If I Had A Time Machine?

On Facebook I posted an encounter with my ex-wife. See below

So! Ingrid Michaelson's song "Time Machine" is blasting out my speakers as I'm rolling slow through Redmond Town Center. Then I stop to let a pedestrian walk through a crosswalk only to realize it's my ex-wife that (thankfully) I haven't seen in years. The IRONY! It hurts! It's the one person I would dedicate this song too ‪#‎sorrynotsorryatall‬ ‪#‎artimitateslife‬ ‪#‎ironyatitsbest‬

The tone of the comments were my expectation of props for showing restraint, etc. I replied with, "You have no idea".

However, what I meant was entirety different. Usually when I bump into exes the encounter is ill-timed, and coated with awkwardness. Meaning sometimes 5,000 tiny daggers stab my heart at once, or the pit of stomach tightens, or my manic level hits the roof, my blood boils from revenge or my sadness envelopes me like a winter's blanket.

This time? Nothing happened. Zilch, zero, nada.

She was just another passenger on Spaceship Earth. I thought, "Huh. Time doesn't heal all wounds, but with enough it can allow me to forgive." You see, I already posted a blog entry about forgiving for good.

It's not for them either. It's for you. In order for you to move on, you forgive the offending party. Oh, yeah. I lost my shit, too, when I read that. To me, it was my sole responsibility to eff over them. In the end, I discovered I couldn't hurt them as much as they hurt me.

Worse, yet?

They might not ever have to 'pay for their wrongs'. WHAT, you explode?! Yeah, that's right. It's not my concern anymore. Which brings me to my next question.

What if I had a time machine?

Would I go back, like the song states, and tell myself to run? Nope. I encounter this question every once in awhile. I usually answer the same, I am what I am today because of what happened to me yesterday. Oh, and the days before it too.

So when I answered, "You have no idea".

You have no idea how liberated I felt, realizing truly nothing exists between her and I. Just another bag of flesh and bones, that I thought I knew long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

I didn't even have the thought to take my foot off the brake. I smirked at her because my journey is complete, and by her crossing my path, is the maraschino cherry on top of it all.

This has been my C Note.
'los; out


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manic Monday, Terrible Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Finally Friday

What a roller coaster week I have had! To start off the week was a manic Monday. After work on Monday , I did a WinCo run with WCP. Always entertaining. Tuesday was terrible. Started off by being tardy for work, so I treated myself to Tully's before posting up. And... in my experience, when you start off a day like that, any attempt to speed up or make up that half-step, half-tick, never happens. For inexplicable reason, you are now out-of-step with the Universe, and like fucking hell you're gonna make it back up. Never. Fails. I was late to meetings, I was late to a gym class I'm regularly early for, and the list goes on. In fact, I decided on that day instead of seeking out my dream girl of a svelte body, superior intelligence, endless energy, and with a litany of characteristics to make any fairy godmother proud I made the wide-sweeping declaration that I wanted this instead. A 2-ton, yoga pants wearing, 45 year old, bitter, divorcee that is one more named cat f

Thank You!

Thank you for reading my posts on this blog. However, I've managed to purchase my own domain to make my own posts and hopefully... y'all will follow it over there for your Weekly Dose of Los! www.carlosbayne.com 'los; out

Let's Dance

The other week, I was driving to my 2 nd job at Malarky’s Sports Grill. Wednesday to be exact. I noticed a man standing at a bus sign waiting for a bus. I recognized the man right away. It was Kenny, The Dancing Wild Man of Factoria. It’d been a minute since I’ve seen him on the streets of Issaquah, I was growing concerned that something awful happened to him. I was thankful to find him once again, and within the same area I “met” him the first time… hilarious story. I remember distinctively. It was my first summer I spent in Issaquah. The sun was out, so relatively warm. I was bombing around in the Sapphire Sled [an arctic blue, 2004 Acura RSX Type S] with the windows down, the tunes up. I was stopped at the traffic light on the corner of Front Street and NW Gilman Blvd; the busiest intersection. From out-the-cuts, I heard someone screaming! I pull off my shades immediately. I whip my head around trying to seek out the source of the noise. I turn down the radio as I desper