Skip to main content

Women's Bathroom: A Modern Day Enigma


The women's bathroom, to me, is a modern day enigma. My confusion started with this mysterious place when I was a young man. My first job for the 'man' was at Payless Drug Store (aka Pay 'N' Save, then Thrifty Payless Drug Store, finally Rite Aid) One of my nightly duties was to clean the restrooms for both genders.

After my first time, I learned to start with the most difficult one to clean as it would take the most time: Women's.

I am a rather tolerant and patient person even a teenager. I understand that women have more outgoing bodily fluids than men so I usually forgave some of the messes left in there as my nightly 'treat'. They give us life, they rear the children they produce, and more. I get it.

What I didn't understand or 'get' was ... If they are the fairer sex, and seem put together, and generally smell nice, why the hell is it such a nasty ass place then? Even most women would share with me one of the nastiness places on the planet is the women's public restroom.

What the what?

In order to explain this phenomenon I would observe the foot traffic in and out of the bathroom. They would travel in pairs, if not packs, of women. Whereas men would enter singularly. HM. Why? Was it to discuss privately? Was it to help each other make a mess? Was it to create alibis for one another? I wasn't too sure.

So I simply asked the source. "Do you think the women's bathroom, so to speak, is gross and/or nasty?"

The answer I received? Yes, most definitely.

I took offense to the answer! I take pride in my work, I work hard at my job. I thanked them, and immediately went into the women's bathroom when it wasn't occupied. Messy. Totally messy. Angry, I stormed out. I'll clean it tonight.

As I grew older, this question still plagued me. What the eff is the women's bathroom so nasty yet no woman that I've met will admit to making and leaving such a mess. I've been around the world twice now, which still has the same answer.

The only reasonable explanation that I concluded with the fable I remember as a child as still use to this day.

FOUR CHICKENS

Once upon a time there were four chickens named: Somebody, Anybody, Everybody and Nobody. 


There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.
Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it.

Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job.

Everybody thought that Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it.
It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.

This has been my C Note.

'los; out

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manic Monday, Terrible Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Finally Friday

What a roller coaster week I have had! To start off the week was a manic Monday. After work on Monday , I did a WinCo run with WCP. Always entertaining. Tuesday was terrible. Started off by being tardy for work, so I treated myself to Tully's before posting up. And... in my experience, when you start off a day like that, any attempt to speed up or make up that half-step, half-tick, never happens. For inexplicable reason, you are now out-of-step with the Universe, and like fucking hell you're gonna make it back up. Never. Fails. I was late to meetings, I was late to a gym class I'm regularly early for, and the list goes on. In fact, I decided on that day instead of seeking out my dream girl of a svelte body, superior intelligence, endless energy, and with a litany of characteristics to make any fairy godmother proud I made the wide-sweeping declaration that I wanted this instead. A 2-ton, yoga pants wearing, 45 year old, bitter, divorcee that is one more named cat f

Thank You!

Thank you for reading my posts on this blog. However, I've managed to purchase my own domain to make my own posts and hopefully... y'all will follow it over there for your Weekly Dose of Los! www.carlosbayne.com 'los; out

Let's Dance

The other week, I was driving to my 2 nd job at Malarky’s Sports Grill. Wednesday to be exact. I noticed a man standing at a bus sign waiting for a bus. I recognized the man right away. It was Kenny, The Dancing Wild Man of Factoria. It’d been a minute since I’ve seen him on the streets of Issaquah, I was growing concerned that something awful happened to him. I was thankful to find him once again, and within the same area I “met” him the first time… hilarious story. I remember distinctively. It was my first summer I spent in Issaquah. The sun was out, so relatively warm. I was bombing around in the Sapphire Sled [an arctic blue, 2004 Acura RSX Type S] with the windows down, the tunes up. I was stopped at the traffic light on the corner of Front Street and NW Gilman Blvd; the busiest intersection. From out-the-cuts, I heard someone screaming! I pull off my shades immediately. I whip my head around trying to seek out the source of the noise. I turn down the radio as I desper