Skip to main content

Super Woman - Cher

For months now, I've been receiving compliments about my girlfriend, Cher, how we are treating our relationship in terms of social media, and how I've developed in terms of dating. I always feel awkward receiving props about the looks another person.

I didn't play a role in creating the beauty that she is, I won't take credit for like building her like a robot in my non-existent garage, and frankly kinda surprised she choose me!

So I smile and reply, "Thank you so much. I'll be sure to pass that on to her."

Now then as far as our relationship. Not that I needed to be reminded of this, but I was ... be sure to keep the special tender moments to ourselves, or closed door conversations remain closed door conversation. Translation? Don't put your troubles on 'Broadcast News' such as Facebook, or shame your partner. Or on the flip side don't overly gush about this and that that pertains to your beau.

I have new girlfriend, but I'm not new to the process of having a serious, committed relationship. I was applauded for embracing the situation without complaint by recognizing it's a packaged deal. I already understood that but apparently out there in the Wide World of Sports that single mothers are "easy to bed" and/or usually "desperate to find a baby daddy".

I thought to myself, "Actually single mothers that I've dated and/or been on dates are more difficult than their single childless counterparts. They don't want imprinting or the temporary guy near their children. Lastly, hopping into bed with just anyone."

So I asked a standardized question to a demographic that included 1) single mothers 2) childless mothers 3) single dads 4) single guys 5) older than me 6) younger than me 7) different education level 8) different economic status.

We collectively arrived at two general types of single mothers to better explain that dichotomy of definition.


  • Single mothers that have a child that may not have initially wanted it but happy they do
  • Single mothers that were in a previous relationship


The latter type had been my experience of dating mothers. I naturally avoided toxic girls like the former that was only on the hunt for a baby daddy. 

This Halloween my girl friend (feels awesome writing that by the way) dressed up as Wonder Woman. What she didn't realize is she really is Wonder Woman in my eyes and that she merely demonstrating the costume she wears everyday. 

A single mother who works to raise a family in  modern times and managed to date as well is amazing! I don't know how she does it daily. I DO know I couldn't do it if I tried!

I'll keep passing on the accolades and applause I receive about us and/or my maturity development.

Why?

Because Cher is a type of woman that is wonderful so it inspires me to be the best version of myself for her and her family.

This has been my C Note.

'los; out 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manic Monday, Terrible Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Finally Friday

What a roller coaster week I have had! To start off the week was a manic Monday. After work on Monday , I did a WinCo run with WCP. Always entertaining. Tuesday was terrible. Started off by being tardy for work, so I treated myself to Tully's before posting up. And... in my experience, when you start off a day like that, any attempt to speed up or make up that half-step, half-tick, never happens. For inexplicable reason, you are now out-of-step with the Universe, and like fucking hell you're gonna make it back up. Never. Fails. I was late to meetings, I was late to a gym class I'm regularly early for, and the list goes on. In fact, I decided on that day instead of seeking out my dream girl of a svelte body, superior intelligence, endless energy, and with a litany of characteristics to make any fairy godmother proud I made the wide-sweeping declaration that I wanted this instead. A 2-ton, yoga pants wearing, 45 year old, bitter, divorcee that is one more named cat f

Thank You!

Thank you for reading my posts on this blog. However, I've managed to purchase my own domain to make my own posts and hopefully... y'all will follow it over there for your Weekly Dose of Los! www.carlosbayne.com 'los; out

Let's Dance

The other week, I was driving to my 2 nd job at Malarky’s Sports Grill. Wednesday to be exact. I noticed a man standing at a bus sign waiting for a bus. I recognized the man right away. It was Kenny, The Dancing Wild Man of Factoria. It’d been a minute since I’ve seen him on the streets of Issaquah, I was growing concerned that something awful happened to him. I was thankful to find him once again, and within the same area I “met” him the first time… hilarious story. I remember distinctively. It was my first summer I spent in Issaquah. The sun was out, so relatively warm. I was bombing around in the Sapphire Sled [an arctic blue, 2004 Acura RSX Type S] with the windows down, the tunes up. I was stopped at the traffic light on the corner of Front Street and NW Gilman Blvd; the busiest intersection. From out-the-cuts, I heard someone screaming! I pull off my shades immediately. I whip my head around trying to seek out the source of the noise. I turn down the radio as I desper