Skip to main content

THEE Seattle Freeze

  • Mood: Rant
  • Listening to: iTunes - entire library on random
  • Reading: Girl Genius Omnibus #1
  • Drinking: Java
Another Fridance, another night to post up in the nightclub scene... I constantly wonder why bother with this bullshit. Here's a blog post that found:
"Ok, so I've heard for some time about this mysterious force called "The Seattle Freeze". More than a few folks have mentioned this, and apparently it's perceived to be quite real. What is it? It's the notion that it's hard to meet people in this town, that Seattleites are "friendly but cold", and that compared to other large cities, people like to mind their own business and not go out of their way to make friends."

And here's a response to it that I agree to:
"I have found most people to be sincerely polite, but not as quick and easy to get to know as I have in the past in other cities. I'm also realizing that you need to have one group of friends for certain activities, and another group for other stuff. I'm used to a cohesive, single group to do everything with, so that's new for me. It feels kind of disconnected but I can see how it would work."

I, literally, have a core group of folks I have dubbed The Brew Crew. Interestingly enough, I don't do everything with them as much as I would like to. I surmise it's an age (30+), and logistics (not all the same tastes) dynamic that never really can be resolved amicably. I must say that I have not lived in any other major city (or any city really) so I can only comment on Seattle. If you've been following this journal then you'll know that I've been divorced for a year and some change... still hesitant to chatting up single women. The reasons are not I don't have game (if you even know you'll realize that's the farthest from the truth), or have a resentment toward women... THEE Seattle Freeze is a major turn-off. Why waste my time, money and energy on a populace of Seattle women that are booshie? Seriously! I can almost read a tattoo on a woman's forehead that simply reads: "BITCHASSNESS" The average conversation in a social place (bar / club / tavern / pub / coffee shop) are short in length of time, and content. So the amount invested is minimal for those that weigh the risk-reward process. It's completely frustrating to me that Seattle woman think I only chat them up to "get with them" after a few dates; please! Don't flatter yourself so much. Christ would it kill ya to smile, shake my hand / greet me, engage in a brief albeit fleeting convo then we bounce our separate directions? In clubs... it's loud music, dark as a cave, etc. Please understand this when I introduce myself and wanna ask to dance. I honestly only want to dance despite what the other playas set as the stereotype. Mostly the option is to dance by myself then perhaps entice a lady to join me. I refuse to run up on a girlie, to "grind on her" and then find another to repeat. Eventually the dance floor becomes a sausagefest unless I brought a lady friend to be my dance partna.

So... most nights I post up with a drink, "people watch" and chat with my homies. No dancing which is what I'd rather be doing. *sigh* :( FUCKING SEATTLE FREEZE!! Oh, and don't get me started about the Asian Persuasion that has taken over my beloved Trinity Night Club!!

Peace out, cub scouts,
'los

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manic Monday, Terrible Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Finally Friday

What a roller coaster week I have had! To start off the week was a manic Monday. After work on Monday , I did a WinCo run with WCP. Always entertaining. Tuesday was terrible. Started off by being tardy for work, so I treated myself to Tully's before posting up. And... in my experience, when you start off a day like that, any attempt to speed up or make up that half-step, half-tick, never happens. For inexplicable reason, you are now out-of-step with the Universe, and like fucking hell you're gonna make it back up. Never. Fails. I was late to meetings, I was late to a gym class I'm regularly early for, and the list goes on. In fact, I decided on that day instead of seeking out my dream girl of a svelte body, superior intelligence, endless energy, and with a litany of characteristics to make any fairy godmother proud I made the wide-sweeping declaration that I wanted this instead. A 2-ton, yoga pants wearing, 45 year old, bitter, divorcee that is one more named cat f

Thank You!

Thank you for reading my posts on this blog. However, I've managed to purchase my own domain to make my own posts and hopefully... y'all will follow it over there for your Weekly Dose of Los! www.carlosbayne.com 'los; out

Let's Dance

The other week, I was driving to my 2 nd job at Malarky’s Sports Grill. Wednesday to be exact. I noticed a man standing at a bus sign waiting for a bus. I recognized the man right away. It was Kenny, The Dancing Wild Man of Factoria. It’d been a minute since I’ve seen him on the streets of Issaquah, I was growing concerned that something awful happened to him. I was thankful to find him once again, and within the same area I “met” him the first time… hilarious story. I remember distinctively. It was my first summer I spent in Issaquah. The sun was out, so relatively warm. I was bombing around in the Sapphire Sled [an arctic blue, 2004 Acura RSX Type S] with the windows down, the tunes up. I was stopped at the traffic light on the corner of Front Street and NW Gilman Blvd; the busiest intersection. From out-the-cuts, I heard someone screaming! I pull off my shades immediately. I whip my head around trying to seek out the source of the noise. I turn down the radio as I desper