Skip to main content

2009 - Year In Review

WOW! 8 months of web shyness. :disbelief: Goodness. Thankfully I've been busy; not artificially busy. Shortly after the last entry [March 16 2009], we accepted an offer on the house. It was less than the asking price plus we had to replace the furnace but it was our opportunity to be free from each other. I was asked from the Wicked BITCH of the Eastside what would make me happy. Well 1) be divorced 2) the house sold. One was done, I was determined to complete two :shakefist:
April 2009 - "Cannonization" - I bombed down to Tolovana State Park with friends to photograph the famed Haystack Rock. Also rocked up a great restaurant called Camp 18. We visited with other friends in the Portland area. Drank at a pub called "The Thirsty Lion", an Irish bar. That same month, I photographed Snoqualmie Falls as I should've a hella long time ago. Not only that, but I got big in the train car graveyard. On the heels of that weekend was an "EPIC weekend". I was given a legen[wait for it] dairy surprise by Magnificent... FALL OUT BOY tickets when they rocked up WaMu Theater at Qwest Field on April 10th. Next? Norwescon 32 with Vince. Finally "Easy Like Sunday Morning" [written entry only] For a grip of time, I was... :superman:To finish off this month? "Punk'd Out" I pre-func with the boys (g-MONEY, TJ, Romero) @ Joey's before g-MONEY and I had dinner with AK-47 @ PF Chang's. But that wasn't my main event... :lmao:Nope it was the Daft Punk Laser Show. A friend wanted to treat me to a different kind of fun. Hm. I killed 4 Super Stoked Vodka Cokes at Joey's, then ate all that grub at PF Chang's I was fading badly. I eventually :surrender:'d and had a chunder shower in the Pacific Science Center Employee Parking Lot. The old fashioned puke 'n' rally. Shortly after we entered the show, I passed out 2 songs in! WTF? According to my friend, it was an awesome show as I stirred awake on the last song. EPIC FAIL! :xAnd the month of April isn't quite done yet! The Eastside Camera Club (I'm VP now) secured a table and booth at the Issaquah Volunteer and Hobby Expo at the Pickering Barn. My friend met me up so I could treat her to a movie since she bought tickets to a laser show I didn't even watch. The Soloist [Robert Downey Jr, Jaime Foxx] was really damn good; Oscar Award winning to me. Shortly after the movie I received a voicemail that my iMac was ready to pick up. WOO HOO! It was / still is an upgrade from my :pc: that I gave bequeathed to my lil' sister, after I cleaned the hard drive, etc.

May 2009 - "Cougars, anyone"? The Great Juan and I smashed up the Cougar Mountain Zoo in Issaquah after we grubbed tough on breakfast at the 12th Ave Cafe. I captured some truly icy photos of the Royal Bengal Tigers that are kept there. "Memorable Memorial Day Weekend" ~ [written entry] "Dine and Dash" My friend, Lisa, invited me to a restaurant that was listed on the Seattle PI's Urban Eats called Entoria. The final weekend of May was a blast. Watched Terminator: Salvation, then rolled on to a Texas Hold'em Tournament. The next day I treated Magnificent to a Brazilian restaurant called, Ipanema Grill. She was an instant fan.

June 2009 - "Batter Up!" WCP scored 3 total tickets to the M's game vs Baltimore Orioles so she invited her wingwoman, 'chelle, and yours truly. Loved that beer garden! Next? The single most awesome concert I've attended... THE OFFSPRING @ WaMu Theater [Again, you ask? YEP, again!] We pre-func'd at The Pyramid Ale House. Then bounced to see the opening acts: Street Dogs, and Alkaline Trio. Mid month, Bill Belamy was performing at The Parlor Live and I kicked it with Thom on this sortie.

July 2009 - "I'm NOT feeling Blue" My Dad and step-mom arrived mid month for the beginning of a month long visit. Thankfully my Dad and her were content with letting me continue w/ my plans instead of holding me hostage to theirs. One of those nights was 30JUL. Magnificent tried to win tickets from a radio to one of her all time fav bands: BLUE OCTOBER. She wasn't successful. So instead of letting that break her crayons, I bought tickets online and treated her. The opening acts were: Longwave and Switchfoot at the Moore Theater. Shocking huh? NOT at WaMu Theater. Like OMG :ohmygod:

August 2009 - "Seafair Stand Off" Dad wanted to treat Luz to her first and most likely only, Seafair. So he invited WCP, Magnificent, and yours truly to join him. Now who am I to deny a blast? I hauled around "Cyclops", my DSLR camera. Snapped some great photos. "Sound Off!" WCP, and I treated our friend, TJ, to his 1st Seattle Sounders FC game. Too bad it was against FC Barcelona, the reigning World Champions. Towards the last weekend the Eastside Camera Club was invited to host a Photo Road Show at the same place, Pickering Barn, that we were so successful at before. Some of my crew posted up to show their support: TJ, WCP, and 'chelle my belle. Afterward we post-game at Las Margaritas.

September 2009 - "Finally... FOOTBALL?!" Thom invited the boys of the Brew Crew to the 2nd pre-season game. Seattle Seahawks vs Oakland Raiders. It was a blow out, but a win nonetheless. "Laborless Labor Day Weekend" Kicked this 3-day weekend with New Jack City, the band led by Will (Manager of the Issaquah Tully's) at The Swiss. TJ, WCP, 'chelle my belle, and yours truly rocked that up! Then... Bumbershoot Day 1. My virgin year of Seattle's Premiere Art, Music and Craft festival. Magnificent and I rocked that up tough all 3 days 'cause we bought that pass. :music: "Woof! Dawgs Win" TJ holla'd at me to be his wingman for the Washington Huskies vs Idaho Vandals game on 12SEP. Even better, he managed to upgrade us to the press box for the free food and soda and Husky SWAG. The very next day was the Boys In Blue game. The season opener was Seattle Seahawks vs St Louis Rams that Thom generously treated WCP and 'chelle my belle + yours truly. Ironically, g-MONEY and TJ fell into tickets to the same game. We all decided to tailgate with the ladies at the helm in the food department. Those two are absolutely amazing when they combine their superpowers. The 'hawks dominated the game: 28-0. Great start to a losing a season thus far. "Bayne Bound for Burbank" My friends, the Chieruzi family, have been asking me to visit for years. Of course, I couldn't being married previously married to a royal bitch. Now that I don't have that issue, I fulfilled my promise. Sadly it was a short visit. Thursday to Monday. Certainly a tour de force of So Cal. It included Universal Studios, iFly, wine tasting, import car show, Guitar Hero 5, shooting at a gun range, and so much fun! I jetted back to Seattle in time for the Pearl Jam concert with g-MONEY, Big Jake, Fun Shyla, and 'chelle my belle. The highlight of the month happened once again at the end... The 1st ever Brew Crew BEER OLYMPICS! Ah, yeah. It was truly off da hook. Complete with pictures, games, a Shutterfly album, 'chelle in a beer girl outfit, etc. More details in my written journal that I won't go further. :beer:

October 2009 - Mid month, Static Radio invited g-MONEY to their show at the High Dive Bar in the Fremont area. We gathered up the Brew Crew once again, with our standard pre-func at the Sideline Bar & Grill. "Movie Night at the Bayne's" Since we saw Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen at point-blank range and it was IMAX format, I decided to buy the DVD to host movie night. TJ, 'chelle, Romero, Vince, WCP and I rocked that up prior to my departure to Texas. Thom's birthday present to himself was a long weekend in his native Texas, complete with hockey, NASCAR, and football. Fun times

And that pretty much sums up the past 8 months... Not completely by any stretch but that's all I can knock out in 2 hours :typerhappy:

Until next time, keep digging,
'los with the most

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manic Monday, Terrible Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Finally Friday

What a roller coaster week I have had! To start off the week was a manic Monday. After work on Monday , I did a WinCo run with WCP. Always entertaining. Tuesday was terrible. Started off by being tardy for work, so I treated myself to Tully's before posting up. And... in my experience, when you start off a day like that, any attempt to speed up or make up that half-step, half-tick, never happens. For inexplicable reason, you are now out-of-step with the Universe, and like fucking hell you're gonna make it back up. Never. Fails. I was late to meetings, I was late to a gym class I'm regularly early for, and the list goes on. In fact, I decided on that day instead of seeking out my dream girl of a svelte body, superior intelligence, endless energy, and with a litany of characteristics to make any fairy godmother proud I made the wide-sweeping declaration that I wanted this instead. A 2-ton, yoga pants wearing, 45 year old, bitter, divorcee that is one more named cat f

Thank You!

Thank you for reading my posts on this blog. However, I've managed to purchase my own domain to make my own posts and hopefully... y'all will follow it over there for your Weekly Dose of Los! www.carlosbayne.com 'los; out

Let's Dance

The other week, I was driving to my 2 nd job at Malarky’s Sports Grill. Wednesday to be exact. I noticed a man standing at a bus sign waiting for a bus. I recognized the man right away. It was Kenny, The Dancing Wild Man of Factoria. It’d been a minute since I’ve seen him on the streets of Issaquah, I was growing concerned that something awful happened to him. I was thankful to find him once again, and within the same area I “met” him the first time… hilarious story. I remember distinctively. It was my first summer I spent in Issaquah. The sun was out, so relatively warm. I was bombing around in the Sapphire Sled [an arctic blue, 2004 Acura RSX Type S] with the windows down, the tunes up. I was stopped at the traffic light on the corner of Front Street and NW Gilman Blvd; the busiest intersection. From out-the-cuts, I heard someone screaming! I pull off my shades immediately. I whip my head around trying to seek out the source of the noise. I turn down the radio as I desper