Skip to main content

Stash The Cache

I've been (geo)caching for 5 years now. After all those hints, all the finds, I decided it was time to stash my own cache! That's right, y'all. I was inspired by my girl, Deana, to create my own. You see, I introduced her to the entire world because 1) she shared she loved adventure 2) enjoys hiking 3) she been demonstrative of extreme intelligence 4) wanted an activity for her kids.

I told her "Geocaching! Boom, done."

She looked blankly at me like everyone else does. "What?" she asked confused. I launched into my explanation which hooked her instantly as I knew it would. In short, it's GPS based worldwide scavenger hunt for caches.

Awhile ago we bombed out to the coast, where I knew there was a bus load of caches out there. Based on our experiences of finds, we knew how to create a good initial cache.

We gathered up building materials, and scouted out locations for our cache. Then she suggested that I start it, submit it and then she'll go find it on her next opportunity. My submission was accepted this morning and it was already found by a road tripping couple!

Another suggestion from Deana was to plant a trackable in my first cache. I jumped online and into the geocaching store. We found the perfect trackable item: a Steampunk Owl Geocoin.

It was serendipity! She loves owls, I love #Steampunk. To make it more fun, we attached the following within the packaging for it.


"Greetings! I'm Brigadier Wallace McHoots, special owl attachment to Geocaching. As a bird of prey, I'm rather anxious to being freed from this cache-cage. How about some jet-powered excitement by logging my departure, and advancing me to the next available geocache that can accommodate my ample size? Keep calm and carry on, my fellow geocachers"

... and the first finders logged that they took it as they can satisfy/propel its mission somewhere in Bellingham and/or Canada!

Brigadier Wallace McHoots done flew the owlery! I'm amped to follow his adventures.

Might even create a Facebook page for him. Stay tuned for more ...

'los; out

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manic Monday, Terrible Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Finally Friday

What a roller coaster week I have had! To start off the week was a manic Monday. After work on Monday , I did a WinCo run with WCP. Always entertaining. Tuesday was terrible. Started off by being tardy for work, so I treated myself to Tully's before posting up. And... in my experience, when you start off a day like that, any attempt to speed up or make up that half-step, half-tick, never happens. For inexplicable reason, you are now out-of-step with the Universe, and like fucking hell you're gonna make it back up. Never. Fails. I was late to meetings, I was late to a gym class I'm regularly early for, and the list goes on. In fact, I decided on that day instead of seeking out my dream girl of a svelte body, superior intelligence, endless energy, and with a litany of characteristics to make any fairy godmother proud I made the wide-sweeping declaration that I wanted this instead. A 2-ton, yoga pants wearing, 45 year old, bitter, divorcee that is one more named cat f

Thank You!

Thank you for reading my posts on this blog. However, I've managed to purchase my own domain to make my own posts and hopefully... y'all will follow it over there for your Weekly Dose of Los! www.carlosbayne.com 'los; out

Let's Dance

The other week, I was driving to my 2 nd job at Malarky’s Sports Grill. Wednesday to be exact. I noticed a man standing at a bus sign waiting for a bus. I recognized the man right away. It was Kenny, The Dancing Wild Man of Factoria. It’d been a minute since I’ve seen him on the streets of Issaquah, I was growing concerned that something awful happened to him. I was thankful to find him once again, and within the same area I “met” him the first time… hilarious story. I remember distinctively. It was my first summer I spent in Issaquah. The sun was out, so relatively warm. I was bombing around in the Sapphire Sled [an arctic blue, 2004 Acura RSX Type S] with the windows down, the tunes up. I was stopped at the traffic light on the corner of Front Street and NW Gilman Blvd; the busiest intersection. From out-the-cuts, I heard someone screaming! I pull off my shades immediately. I whip my head around trying to seek out the source of the noise. I turn down the radio as I desper