Skip to main content

A Year In Review: 2014, Seasons of Love

Man, I’m frustrated that it’s come to this. My chronicling of my life is summarized in an annual review. Sigh. Such a decline from the daily to once a week to deteriorate to monthly to … this.

Maybe it’s a product of my ever-increasing daily life bullying my energy and time to do it? Perhaps it’s simply not focused on that aspect because I’m living the experience instead?

Or a little of both?

Regardless, 2014 A.D. was a year of personal growth, with seasons of love in all it’s facets. As always, it didn’t play out the way I thought it would.

January

Ø  Quietly welcomed the new year with friends and family in Portland, OR.
Ø  Paid my respects to Washington State Trooper Mike Buckingham. Even though I never met the man, I know his loved ones he left behind for which I showed my love and support for them in their time of grief.
Ø  Enjoyed a 2nd Christmas with Cindy Buckingham.
Ø  Hosted one last themed party at the apartment at Highlands at Wynhaven that we aptly named, the Bayne Beer Garden. It was Exit Light, Enter Night, All White Party. You see, I shared that apartment with my little sister, Charrina. The original agreement was one year, two years tops. That seemed to have stretched into five years. Obviously, we love each other. And we cooperate and work well with each other. However, our idiosyncrasies that were tolerated at first started to become reasons of resent. Ultimately it was eroding our sibling bond. Not to mention stunting our personal growth. Recognizing that fact, and loving her, we agreed we should part ways on good terms while we still could.
Ø  And the end of the month, I moved into an one-bedroom apartment in the Fairwood area of Renton
Ø  I renewed in earnest my online dating adventures. I started dated AT&T Wireless * (name changed from real name)
Ø  I increased my love of photography by photographing the Malarky’s 12th Man Rally prior to the NFC Championship Game for the Seahawks.
Ø  I rekindle my love of the arts by watching Pandora’s Box, a silent movie, with Cindy at Paramount Theater
Ø  I completed a photo-a-day challenge I found on Pinterest

February

Ø  Continued with a donors only tour of  Paramount Theater with Rob. I believe he loved it so much he started guided tours there later in the year.
Ø  Broke up with AT&T Wireless
Ø  Super Bowl Sunday for the Seattle Seahawks vs. Denver Broncos at my bro’s crib
Ø  I hosted a Superhero Photo Scavenger Hunt for my birthday party, which I was gaining notoriety of having EPIC FUN. (the previous year was a Captain Morgan, pirate themed party over two consecutive nights)
Ø  I continued developing my photography career with a Father and Daughter Dance.
Ø  I celebrated a bro’s birthday at the iFly, indoor skydiving experience. I mention this because he made a Tabula Rasa Declaration of skydiving just two months prior and I wanted to support this in every way.
Ø  The traditional Red Wine and Chocolates Tour on the Olympic Peninsula with my family.
Ø  I hosted the Awesome Awards Ceremony, the follow up award delivery for the winners of the Superhero Photo Scavenger Hunt
Ø  Then I capped it off with a photography tour with my good friend, Cindy, in the Skagit Valley area

March

Ø  I applied for and was accepted for the worldwide photography experiment called: Photomentary. A photo a day for 24 days, but on an unique hour to represent each hour of the day.
Ø  More photography gigs; ROTC Navy Annual Gala, a birthday for a friend, Echo Lake Elementary.
Ø  Attempted launch of the photographic book story titled, The Murder of Crowe: A Steampunk Whodunit.
Ø  Emerald City Comicon – ‘nuff said.
Ø  I renewed my love for golf by kicking it with my co-worker and friend, Ron, and the White River Golf Club.

April

Ø  Rocked up one of the few 5K obstacle course race of the year – The Slime Run
Ø  Photographed a wedding for a co-worker and friend afterward
Ø  NORWESCON!

May

Ø  May Day – on the 1st I launched my Kickstarter Fundraising Project of Murder of Crowe, posted my photographs at Tully’s Pickering Barn and opened a booth at the Costco Employee Arts and Craft Fair.
Ø  Another photography tour with Cindy to hunt down waterfalls
Ø  My love for photography knows no bounds… traveled to Portland once again to capture promotional photos of my cousin and her daughter for Off Road Vixens and their apparel being sported by them.
Ø  Not wanting to be idle, I gathered up a crew to join me at the newest attraction in Bellevue – zip lining!!
Ø  Discovered another new love – a kangaroo outback zoo in the Arlington area
Ø  Another photography tour – traveling from state park to park over a weekend – with Cindy
Ø  Finally made good on a promise to do the Seattle International Film Festival in grand style – we bought a 6-movie ticket package and used every one!
Ø  Mark IV (my iPod I named) dies, I encased in a shadow box at posted in my work cubi

June

Ø  The Grand Opening of Club Los. I didn’t feel comfortable until now to host a ‘home warming party’. I also didn’t feel it was correct to dub this apartment the Bayne Beer Garden Two.
Ø  The SIFF Closing Night Gala was hosted at the new History Museum on Lake Union
Ø  Vegas, baby. VEGAS!! Scott and Sidney got hitched here. My Oakley sunglasses that I have the words Keep Digging laser etched are done like dinner.
Ø  Another wedding photography gig on an Argosy Cruise
Ø  WCP’s birthday party at Luso Wine and Shoppe
Ø  Met up my ride-or-die girl, Cher Jones-Rasmussen. Knew she was my girl even before our first date when she answered, “we should meet on the corner of close and soon”

July

Ø  Fourth of July in Sedro Woolley for the rodeo and more
Ø  Rat City Rollergirls – ‘nuff said
Ø  Bite of Seattle
Ø  Another wedding but I’m the DJ instead!

August

Ø  Watershed Festival
Ø  Emerald City Supporters Football Club adult academy for soccer (ECS FC)
Ø  Bark For Life – more photography pro bono work
Ø  FootGolf!
Ø  Seattle Sounders FC vs. Portland Timbers Away match

September

Ø  Dominican Republic FAM w/ Costco Travel
Ø  Seattle Steamposium

October

Ø  Mountlake Terrace High School, Class of ’94, 20th reunion
Ø  DJ gig, Daddy Daughter dance
Ø  Dad leaves for Philippines
Ø  Bellingham Comic Con with the girls
Ø  Disney’s Beauty and the Beast Broadway production at the Paramount Theater
Ø  Flatt Annual Halloween Party
Ø  Super Trivial Thursdays at Pub 85 in Kirkland start

November

Ø  Family Fun Center w/ the girls
Ø  Seattle Thunderbirds game
Ø  Teaching gig w/ Juan for Artist Trust
Ø  Costa Rica FAM w/ Costco Travel
Ø  Cher’s Birthday Party
Ø  Thanksgiving
Ø  Apple Cup

December

Ø  Seattle Sounders vs. Los Angeles Galaxy Conference Playoffs
Ø  Needlebowl with the Gators
Ø  DJ at a lawyer holiday party
Ø  Alex’s Birthday Party
Ø  Game Show Host for a corporation
Ø  Christmas
Ø  New Year’s Eve w/ Cher


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manic Monday, Terrible Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Finally Friday

What a roller coaster week I have had! To start off the week was a manic Monday. After work on Monday , I did a WinCo run with WCP. Always entertaining. Tuesday was terrible. Started off by being tardy for work, so I treated myself to Tully's before posting up. And... in my experience, when you start off a day like that, any attempt to speed up or make up that half-step, half-tick, never happens. For inexplicable reason, you are now out-of-step with the Universe, and like fucking hell you're gonna make it back up. Never. Fails. I was late to meetings, I was late to a gym class I'm regularly early for, and the list goes on. In fact, I decided on that day instead of seeking out my dream girl of a svelte body, superior intelligence, endless energy, and with a litany of characteristics to make any fairy godmother proud I made the wide-sweeping declaration that I wanted this instead. A 2-ton, yoga pants wearing, 45 year old, bitter, divorcee that is one more named cat f

Thank You!

Thank you for reading my posts on this blog. However, I've managed to purchase my own domain to make my own posts and hopefully... y'all will follow it over there for your Weekly Dose of Los! www.carlosbayne.com 'los; out

Let's Dance

The other week, I was driving to my 2 nd job at Malarky’s Sports Grill. Wednesday to be exact. I noticed a man standing at a bus sign waiting for a bus. I recognized the man right away. It was Kenny, The Dancing Wild Man of Factoria. It’d been a minute since I’ve seen him on the streets of Issaquah, I was growing concerned that something awful happened to him. I was thankful to find him once again, and within the same area I “met” him the first time… hilarious story. I remember distinctively. It was my first summer I spent in Issaquah. The sun was out, so relatively warm. I was bombing around in the Sapphire Sled [an arctic blue, 2004 Acura RSX Type S] with the windows down, the tunes up. I was stopped at the traffic light on the corner of Front Street and NW Gilman Blvd; the busiest intersection. From out-the-cuts, I heard someone screaming! I pull off my shades immediately. I whip my head around trying to seek out the source of the noise. I turn down the radio as I desper