Skip to main content

Bittersweet [Good]-Bye Bayne

I really shy away from saying goodbye. There's finality that leaves an icky feeling in my heart and soul. However, today, I said goodbye to my old "home" at Highlands at Wynhaven. As I was dropping off my keys and whatnot, I ran up on the head maintenance guy and his trusty wingman / sidekick.

Those boys were the bomb! Any maintenance request I submitted was addressed immediately, and without complaint. Granted I didn't do often, I honestly assessed it. The best or funniest story that I have about us is this:

One innocuous Monday morning, I was four-wheelin' hella as I woke up. I jumped into the Sapphire Sled from stall #45 with gym bag and messenger bag. As I crept up to the automated garage door, I stopped too close to it. As the door hit my license plate holder, it jumped off the track!

FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC!

I hopped out. I tried lifting the gate enough to put in on track; literally. Not one inch. Awesome. Then the other residents of J building started their cars and piling up behind my car. UGH - my mother told me I'd have days like this... While on the phone with the emergency maintenance person, I walked up to each trapped driver to apologize for the delay. For a split second I was a large type asshat, which I was genuinely sorry about.

The boys (Steve and Juan) bombed down to the scene hours before their work shifts. In the attempt to hit the emergency switch, the chain was tangled up in the box. And that short-circuited that. There is no manual override switch either.

So the boys muscled the ginormous, metal gate open enough to let the SS and other cars passed.

Wow. I've gotta pay them back!

That night I picked up a 24 pack of Dos Equis (their request, not mine!) I placed the case in the maintenance closet a foot away from stall #45. I called the emergency line which is one of their cell phones and not monitored for "quality and training purposes". Thankfully my call went into voicemail. I advised that a box of tools is in the closet, that needed to be picked up as soon as possible because it might be taken.

I double-checked the next morning. I discovered it was gone. I saw on my drive back from work Steve had a shit-ass eating grin on his face, and Juan looked hungover.

Paid in full, I thought.

And that's just one memory of many that I've created in the half-decade I stayed there. I'm off to a new place to create new memories.

I will definitely miss the view from J307... man, it was gorgeous! The "Great Room" has host to hella parties that threatened to blow the roof off! From the DJ Hero House Party to the Avenging Bayne Avengers Viewing Party, and each party in-between was a blast.

I no longer have the keys. I did it, done it, liked it and loved it. Be good like you should but if you can't be good... BE GOOD AT WHAT YOU DO!!

Ciao!
Aloha!
Mabuhay!
Goodbye, Highlands at Wynhaven!

This has been my C Note.

'los; out

Comments

  1. "So long, farewell,au Wiedersehen, good bye.Hate to go and leave this pretty sight.So long, farewell, au wiedersehen, adieu. Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu.......fr. Sound of Music"
    May Club 'Los inspire your dreams, bring laughter and love with family & friends. Congrats! XO Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Manic Monday, Terrible Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Finally Friday

What a roller coaster week I have had! To start off the week was a manic Monday. After work on Monday , I did a WinCo run with WCP. Always entertaining. Tuesday was terrible. Started off by being tardy for work, so I treated myself to Tully's before posting up. And... in my experience, when you start off a day like that, any attempt to speed up or make up that half-step, half-tick, never happens. For inexplicable reason, you are now out-of-step with the Universe, and like fucking hell you're gonna make it back up. Never. Fails. I was late to meetings, I was late to a gym class I'm regularly early for, and the list goes on. In fact, I decided on that day instead of seeking out my dream girl of a svelte body, superior intelligence, endless energy, and with a litany of characteristics to make any fairy godmother proud I made the wide-sweeping declaration that I wanted this instead. A 2-ton, yoga pants wearing, 45 year old, bitter, divorcee that is one more named cat f

Thank You!

Thank you for reading my posts on this blog. However, I've managed to purchase my own domain to make my own posts and hopefully... y'all will follow it over there for your Weekly Dose of Los! www.carlosbayne.com 'los; out

Let's Dance

The other week, I was driving to my 2 nd job at Malarky’s Sports Grill. Wednesday to be exact. I noticed a man standing at a bus sign waiting for a bus. I recognized the man right away. It was Kenny, The Dancing Wild Man of Factoria. It’d been a minute since I’ve seen him on the streets of Issaquah, I was growing concerned that something awful happened to him. I was thankful to find him once again, and within the same area I “met” him the first time… hilarious story. I remember distinctively. It was my first summer I spent in Issaquah. The sun was out, so relatively warm. I was bombing around in the Sapphire Sled [an arctic blue, 2004 Acura RSX Type S] with the windows down, the tunes up. I was stopped at the traffic light on the corner of Front Street and NW Gilman Blvd; the busiest intersection. From out-the-cuts, I heard someone screaming! I pull off my shades immediately. I whip my head around trying to seek out the source of the noise. I turn down the radio as I desper