Skip to main content

Mother's Day

I sat at my desk trying to write something witty, or profound in honor of Mother's Day. And I often quipped that I don't have to do anything since my mother, Carina, passed away of cancer oh-so-long ago - it's a free day. Then I remind myself of my final promise I made her - do anything and everything so that I may earn my spot in heaven so we can meet again.

Damnit. Promises, promises.

That mean I DON'T have a free day. In fact, I have a very busy day ahead of me. Why, you ask? Well now I'm obligated, rather I feel honored to recognize every mother-like person in my life. That's what this day is about, right?

So...

Without delay I would like to thank all the mothers that love me fearlessly, that help me selflessly, that give to me endlessly, and always have a positive impact on me. That being said, I'm no momma's-boy by any means. I've learned to realize what it takes to be a man in this world - to recognize that the best feminine parts of me are because of her.

Not gonna lie, though. There are days that my collective mothers drive me nukcing futz. But, I pause, take a breath, say whooosaw, and think - it's born out of love, 'los.

To quote Abraham Lincoln, "All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother."

That being said, I want to say I love all the mothers in the world. You are the heroes we could only hope to be because you are the superheroes of unconditional love. 

'los

Comments